Athletico Madrid

Blue Hefner

They play at home to Rayo Vallacano on Sunday 4th of December and I'm going. I'm in Madrid for my mates 30th and the TV games have just been picked(such short notice is a disgrace in my opinion) so we are able to fit this game in

I've always had a soft spot for them, like a lot of City fans I see them as us and Real Madrid as Utd

Anyone ever been to watch them? Where is the ground in relation to the centre and is the ground any good?

Allright Hef, the gound is Vicente Calderon, its a old style groud with open stands on 3 sides and a covered main stand. There is a main road that runs at ground level through the main stand! The ground is next to the river situated relatively close to the city centre, it's about a 25min stroll from the city center area (Metro sol or Anton Martin). You can take the metro to Piramides and it's just 2min walk to the ground. Tickets should be available on the door or at the ground earlier in the day.

If you and your mates are looking for cheap accommodation in the city center you should check out cat's hostel. It has dorm rooms, and is an arabian style hostel. There is a bar on the ground floor and a cavern bar/disco in the basement. They also have beer vending machines in the lobby. Highly reccommended for a stag or lads weekend.

http://www.catshostel.com/

savo said:
Allright Hef, the gound is Vicente Calderon, its a old style groud with open stands on 3 sides and a covered main stand. There is a main road that runs at ground level through the main stand! The ground is next to the river situated relatively close to the city centre, it's about a 25min stroll from the city center area (Metro sol or Anton Martin). You can take the metro to Piramides and it's just 2min walk to the ground. Tickets should be available on the door or at the ground earlier in the day.

If you and your mates are looking for cheap accommodation in the city center you should check out cat's hostel. It has dorm rooms, and is an arabian style hostel. There is a bar on the ground floor and a cavern bar/disco in the basement. They also have beer vending machines in the lobby. Highly reccommended for a stag or lads weekend.

http://www.catshostel.com/

Hotel is already booked but thanks anyway. And I didn't know about only 1 stand being covered, that could have been a disaster. Cheers

Yeah went season before last. Only went to see Aguero and he was on the bench ha.

Just go to the ticket office on corner of main stand and tell them you are English.

They have a seprate window for English speaking people.

We were in the stand behind the net, on the left on t.v

Oh, and they all eat sunflower seeds! The floor is covered in them! No half time pies here!

Saw a game there in Dec 1982. Forgot whom they played and forgot the result. I should look it up. I was on a student semester abroad from Aug-Dec 1982 in the town of Salamanca. I went to the football every week. At that time Salamanca were in La Liga. Stood on the terrace behind the goal for about 3 quid. Every other week it was the kids team/reserves. That cost about a quid. Happy days!!

mike channon´s windmill said:
South west of the city centre. Green line to Piramides metro station then walk. Wish I could be there!

You're so cosmopolitan. In fact this thread was a 'I saw this and thought of you moment' :)

Anybody watch the athletico game last night or see the highlights!?

Wow what a player felix looks! We missed out on a real gem of a player here. I think we will definitely live to regret not paying up for him just like we did with mbappe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.