Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where to start with this!?

“Regular trips to Wembley”... what regular trips would they be?

And how do they “downgrade” from throwing both cups every year?

The excuses are out already!

Liverpools regular trips to Wembley -

Community Shield 2019 - L

League Cup Final 2016 - L

FA Cup Semi-Final vs. Villa 2015 - L

FA Cup Final vs. Chelsea 2012 - L

City, as everyone will probably remember, made 4 appearances at Wembley last season alone.

Last edited:

Where to start with this!?

“Regular trips to Wembley”... what regular trips would they be?

And how do they “downgrade” from throwing both cups every year?

The excuses are out already!

And there we have it.......i was talking to another poster the other day and said that no way would klopp go and try and win the domestic cups,

The Champions of Europe, but not England, and European Royalty, shouldn’t throw cup competitions, regardless of their worth.

Surely Liverpool should have declined the Community shield invite, as it’s the least prestigious of all the domestic trophies?

Yet Klopp, his players, and Liverpool fans looked gutted that City beat them once again in a Wembley final.

PS. Just had a very quick look at RAWK. No mention of FSG telling Klopp to throw the unimportant domestic cups. Let’s see if RAWK discuss it over the coming day’s.

The Champions of Europe, but not England, and European Royalty, shouldn’t throw cup competitions, regardless of their worth.

Surely Liverpool should have declined the Community shield invite, as it’s the least prestigious of all the domestic trophies?

Yet Klopp, his players, and Liverpool fans looked gutted that City beat them once again in a Wembley final.

PS. Just had a very quick look at RAWK. No mention of FSG telling Klopp to throw the unimportant domestic cups. Let’s see if RAWK discuss it over the coming day’s.

The whole club is a laughing stock, small time mentality. We were told they were going for 7 trophies this season wasn't we !!!! They already lost one, and now they have pulled out of another 2

Pathetic

I doubt they'll be as resilient this season. Their record last season was truly incredible, although ultimately not enough, thankfully. It would take some doing to emulate that. They didn't falter in the final straight, tbf; although the pressure isn't the same when you're behind.

Our record and resiliance last season was even more incredible though. Winning the last 14 league games to win the league was a truly remarkable sporting achievement. Up there with the Invincibles imo. The second highest number of consecutive wins in top flight history, to win the league, with our title rivals breathing down our neck for all those 14 games, waiting for us to falter. And we didn't.

Best season ever, for me. The stuff of dreams.
Agree completely.

They were incredibly lucky with injuries and ludicrous refereeing howlers, opposition brain farts, you name it..

Now I am not expecting a level playing field this season. The refs, media and the whole system will be bending in their favour as usual. But the extreme level of luck from last season won't be repeated, I am sure of it.

van Dyke, Salah, Mane or Fermino are going to pick up knocks and miss games. And VAR will stop some if the refereeing attrocities.

They've always been a horrible club and fanbase , those of us going to games in the seventies and eighties remember it well. As they faded a bit so did our recollection but boy the whole world has been reminded the last couple of seasons! I am still pissed off Barcelona let them off the hook in the second leg.
Four weeks ago I'm sat in the king's rd entertainment bar in Paphos with my wife(red)I have a few city Tatt's behind me I hear the dreaded accent two of em about early thirties the conversation between them ended with the line he's got one on his arm too I WISH I'D BROUGHT MY KNIFE I turned and looked this cnut up and down said nothing two mins later they've gone now I'm 62no shrinking violet but I wanted to do this cnut some harm six days later he's on our transfer coach his mate had disowned him by the looks of it I sat at the same table in the airport beer garden purposely but not a peep never looked up as you say never forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.