Var debate 2019/20

Unless of course the lineman then remembered his job.

Cheers

If the refs were upto their job as well as the lino we might not ever need technology, but the way it is being used doesn't fit with every application of the laws. To ignore a clear infringement whatever the outcome is just manipulation. VAR was meant to add as much certainty to the ref's decision making as possible. To pick and choose which aspect of a match will be reviewed is tantamount to looking at the colour of shirt and then making a decision. Rice might have been ten yards away when Sergio kicked the ball and not infringing. He is being penalised when it is the goalkeeper who has infringed. To me it is the same as giving a player a yellow card when it's a team mate who has infringed the laws.

With every measurement you make there is an error bar.

Therefore there should be a point where a system can not discriminate i.e. make an offside call.

What is it? They must have one. If they do not know what their own level of precision is, then their system should be thrown out.

I don't have a fundamental objection to VAR, but we are being asked to accept decisions as an act of faith.

I know the goal-line technology works. If I see an image with the ball over the line, I don't question it, because I know the process is simple but present me with an image of two players with two lines across it, and I have more questions than answers, because we all know the variables in an offide call. It's a complex process.

We should line our players up 5 metres outside the penalty area and start running when the taker does. Stop any chance of a retake and have the momentum to get there quickly if clearance is needed!

At work, i found myself staring at my screen intently at the graphic, trying to work out if the lines and dots showed Sterling off side.Then i thought 'fuck this' and got up and turned on the big machine and did some work instead.
jeeeezuz mate!!! you went back to doing some work??? ......VAR has a lot to answer for!!!

Just watching the game again now and the first goal ruled out is on with the human eye every single time and the one we got is off with the human eye every single time.

Many have said it and i agree that the offside law should be changed in that the attacker has to be fully in front of the last defender to be offside with clear daylight showing.

Easy for the linesman, easy for the fans and no arguments whatsoever if VAR then shows it to be a cm or a millimetre off

The game is about goals, not ruling perfectly good goals out because of a millimetre that im sorry the current tech imo can not prove as they are not using goal line tech but some lines drawn onto a still frame.

VAR will dictate the destination of the tile this season its that simple.

The off side rules need to change.
Gary Neville said every single off side decision from now on will be correct but i think that has been put in doubt the first week.
Showing a line from Sterling's shoulder was not clear cut.I think that rule should change so that its the players foot is off side. Then you would get a definite marker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.