Did you celebrate? (vs Spurs pg21)

(Sterling's Lob)

Think this deserves to be separate from the other threads just to discuss an incident, just to see whether VAR is already having an influence on celebrations?

I didn't. Knew VAR was going to get involved so what was the point celebrating.

I was surprised he was actually onside, so it helped in that regard but it's a bit disappointing that I didn't get to celebrate it.
Didn't even see it. Decided to do some work after the var reared its head earlier in the game.

Are you sure it finished 5-0? Im waiting for a goal to be chalked off on Tuesday and another one in n a fortnight's time. I'll only celebrate a 5-0 win today when the season has ended!

I’ve heard the result won’t be confirmed until the Scousers have completed their petition.

No point in watching live football now. VAR has killed the game. Simple.
And the thing is, thousands of people will be thinking this. It’ll have an effect on crowds over the coming years.

Life is tough, we’re in work all week, we have our social problems too and we all need that something to give us some elation in life and to de-stress. For football fans it was that emotion of the ball hitting the net. There’s never been anything better than going bananas when the ball hits the net. The pure exhilarated feeling you get inside. Nothing else in life makes you go so wild. You don’t celebrate at the front of the church [or wherever] when you get married or in the delivery room when your kids are born, like you do when your team scores a goal.

And especially the big goals (Dickov, Agüero, Kompany), the big goals where you lose yourself, we’ve all had it when we’ve ended up three rows in front of where our seat is because we’ve gone fucking mental with a goal being scored. Those goals are better than sex and are moments that will live with us until our dying day.

But now, it’s over!

Nobody is ever going to celebrate in the same way again. The ball will hit the net - and if it’s not already done it, a few more VAR interrupted celebration will get the rest of you at some point - and the first thought won’t be “YYEESS!!”, it’ll be “wonder if that’ll be disallowed?!”

I’m gutted. Absolutely gutted!

Yes and then yes again.

A tight decision went against us so people are throwing their toys out of the pram.

If decisions stop Liverpool or United goals I bet you'll all like VAR.
That’s not what it’s about. It’s not about the details of tight decisions, it’s about the emotion of goals.

That’s not what it’s about. It’s not about the details of tight decisions, it’s about the emotion of goals.

Like I said, a nice goal wasn't given for us so people resistant to change are throwing a tantrum.

If we see or play Liverpool or Utd having a goal ruled out I doubt people will be so resistant.

In cricket and rugby the video tech has become a part of the game and there's no lack of emotion there and so it will in football.

It may lead to changes in the offside rule so if its just millimetres offside the decision goes to the attacker. The technology is here to stay, all the talk about killing football is silly.

To those that say they did celebrate and it's not really an issue I'd just say wait. Wait until it's the 95th minute of a game v Liverpool or the Rags or whoever and it's 1-1 and we 'score' with the final attack of the game. Yesterday it didn't matter much because we were always going to win that game. You want the exhilaration of celebrating the winner in a crucial game sacrificed for a lengthy delay while technology, which isn't even 100% accurate, tries to determine whether someone is a hair width offside or not ? Let's see how people react then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.