Var debate 2019/20

So Man City win league it’s down to VARs dictation ?

Quite possible yes.

Instead of being a contrary fucker as usual Mark read my post.

The first ruled out by VAR is onside with the eye every time and if it gets ruled off without VAR everyone says wrong decision.

The one we got is off with the eye and it gets ruled out without VAR everyone says fair enough he looked off.

That penalty never gets retaken without VAR and again no one will say it should be because it was a shit pen and the defending team has done its job.

Who the fuck is putting the lines on the still pictures and can anyone in the league show the calibration system being used?

Goal line tech we know via the cameras used and the sensor in the ball but what is being used for offsides?

Teams will get goals others wont for the exact same margins this year and vica versa, teams will penalties whilst others wont and VAR will create as many talking points as it will solve.

With every measurement you make there is an error bar.

Therefore there should be a point where a system can not discriminate i.e. make an offside call.

What is it? They must have one. If they do not know what their own level of precision is, then their system should be thrown out.

I don't have a fundamental objection to VAR, but we are being asked to accept decisions as an act of faith.

I know the goal-line technology works. If I see an image with the ball over the line, I don't question it, because I know the process is simple but present me with an image of two players with two lines across it, and I have more questions than answers, because we all know the variables in an offide call. It's a complex process.
This is spot on Marvin. Previous tweet says error margin is +/-15mm, therefore they should only be calling an offside at 16mm.
Just like speeding, not done at 33mph but done at 34mph. All because of the camera error. May be better now though, but still usually get 10% leeway

Just watching the game again now and the first goal ruled out is on with the human eye every single time and the one we got is off with the human eye every single time.

Many have said it and i agree that the offside law should be changed in that the attacker has to be fully in front of the last defender to be offside with clear daylight showing.

Easy for the linesman, easy for the fans and no arguments whatsoever if VAR then shows it to be a cm or a millimetre off

The game is about goals, not ruling perfectly good goals out because of a millimetre that im sorry the current tech imo can not prove as they are not using goal line tech but some lines drawn onto a still frame.

VAR will dictate the destination of the tile this season its that simple.
The only issue i have with this is if you're putting clear daylight between the last defender and attacker it could potentially be a 4 feet advantage for the attacker if he extends his arm out.

Offside calls for VAR are subjective because it depends when they decide to freeze the frame to make their decision.

Is it when the ball leaves his foot or when his the player first makes contact with the ball to make the pass?

Not seen this defined anywhere yet

I still like var and still think no team at t he top would benefit more from it than we will. Bit of excitement gone but fuck it. Unless you enjoy moaning when Liverpool gets offside goals and don't want it stopped very significantly by the var.

Up to now we have had 5 instances of VAR two in the Spurs game Hand ball not given Offside by 22mm, now proven to be doubtful due to frames per second film. Two yesterday we benefitted from and one we didn’t The two goal decisions have again proven to be contentious I firmly believe he gave the second because he didn’t give the first. The way we play, with the quick passes on the edge of the box, will mean we suffer more than any other especially when the decision as to which frame to use is in the hands of some guy miles away from the stadium who may have an agenda

Up to now we have had 5 instances of VAR two in the Spurs game Hand ball not given Offside by 22mm, now proven to be doubtful due to frames per second film. Two yesterday we benefitted from and one we didn’t The two goal decisions have again proven to be contentious I firmly believe he gave the second because he didn’t give the first. The way we play, with the quick passes on the edge of the box, will mean we suffer more than any other especially when the decision as to which frame to use is in the hands of some guy miles away from the stadium who may have an agenda
And/or a brown envelope...

This shows how Var can be misused.

That’s a very good explanation by Andy Gray of why VAR is not infallible, 25 frames per second, start of Sterling’s disallowed goal he was onside but using the last frame he was off. It all depends on which frame they use when the ball left the foot, that’s a decision made by a bloke in a caravan, top technology that.

Offside calls for VAR are subjective because it depends when they decide to freeze the frame to make their decision.

Is it when the ball leaves his foot or when his the player first makes contact with the ball to make the pass?

Not seen this defined anywhere yet
Andy Gray on Bein sports spoke of it being confirmed during the show it is point of contact not when the ball leaves the foot, contentious because that’s not the definition of offside in any case. For a change he was spot on about var yesterday.

I think all we can hope for is they instil a little more leeway to accommodate the error and which still is used to decide when ball hits the foot, or we don’t have many level onside/offside goals like yesterday

That’s a very good explanation by Andy Gray of why VAR is not infallible, 25 frames per second, start of Sterling’s disallowed goal he was onside but using the last frame he was off. It all depends on which frame they use when the ball left the foot, that’s a decision made by a bloke in a caravan, top technology that.
And potentially open to abuse, needs standardised and to be transparent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.