Var debate 2019/20

If you're gonna use it for offsides use something like Hawkeye or that technology they use to determine who the standings in a professional sprint

The method now using blurry, heavily pixelated frames with a Microsoft Paint line drawn to the ground as the source of truth is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen

i'm being serious here- how about micro chips in a players boot to prove offside (this will be 100% proof) and the other parts of the body become non offside

There would need to be chips allover the body, probably about 30 implanted to be safe, and a snickometer on the ball. That if if they took the biggest sound to be teh point when the ball was kicked, and not first or last.

also Dean didnt want to give the penalty, he actually waved it away but the voice in his ear told him it was a penalty before VAR was even used , so if it wasnt the VAR officials talking to him who made that split decision that it was a penalty and told Dean to give it?

Also saw that on TV & said another nailed on penalty waved off by Dean, like many more before. But then message in his ear said you now got to give it as VAR will make you look a right jerk.

There would need to be chips allover the body, probably about 30 implanted to be safe, and a snickometer on the ball. That if if they took the biggest sound to be teh point when the ball was kicked, and not first or last.

Just redefine offside as being the foot then!!

Front back, 2 sides, studs, laces only 6 per boot to be certain, and still no idea when the ball is "played" to warrant such measures.
One would be enough in the toe, players scoring usually facing forward. As long as rule states the marker defines offside then sorted

Front back, 2 sides, studs, laces only 6 per boot to be certain, and still no idea when the ball is "played" to warrant such measures.
I like the idea Neville suggested in having offside line a certain distance behind the last man. Var would be able to calculate this line from images they already have in terms of frame speed of ball on foot and forward momentum if the player, say 10m/s and standardise for all

Anything that makes you look a twat for celebrating a goal only for it to be chalked off is not for me. Also for future refs will they want to come into a profession that has three people sat waiting for them to look a berk football loses its spontaneous thrill that we love

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.