Var debate 2019/20

Up to now we have had 5 instances of VAR two in the Spurs game Hand ball not given Offside by 22mm, now proven to be doubtful due to frames per second film. Two yesterday we benefitted from and one we didn’t The two goal decisions have again proven to be contentious I firmly believe he gave the second because he didn’t give the first. The way we play, with the quick passes on the edge of the box, will mean we suffer more than any other especially when the decision as to which frame to use is in the hands of some guy miles away from the stadium who may have an agenda

It's infant technology use so mistakes will happen. It's not perfect situation, but it will definitely be better than corrupt refs without any technology check. The biggest problem is the fact it's hard to celebrate goals, but I'd take that over watching yard offsides not given like in West ham vs Liverpool last season.

Not sure that anyone has mentioned the subjective choice of frame used by the VAR team. I was watching one of the football shows and they showed the Raz offside frame by frame, and then the Mahrez pass to Raz for the lobbed goal. It really depends upon which frame they choose for when the ball left the foot of Merlin and Mahrez. It's arguable that Raz was onside for the first but offside for the second. As I said it depends on which frame they choose to freeze.

Here is a question to all those who believe VAR works and it will be done fairly for every single team. If it had been Rashford that had crossed the ball instead of Sterling would the decision have been the same ?

We were definitely mis-sold this.
Only "clear and obvious errors" were to be reviewed and it would not slow down the game at all.
O out of 2
Must have an amazing hospitality area and a nice goody bag gift for all who go to Var HQ to get anyone to think this is enhancing the game.

We were definitely mis-sold this.
Only "clear and obvious errors" were to be reviewed and it would not slow down the game at all.
O out of 2
Must have an amazing hospitality area and a nice goody bag gift for all who go to Var HQ to get anyone to think this is enhancing the game.
As far as I understand it, the powers that be are distinguishing between off sides and other decisions. They are arguing that the clear and obvious error does not apply to offsides, because they are maintaining a player is either offside or not (like the Raz offside).

Not sure that anyone has mentioned the subjective choice of frame used by the VAR team. I was watching one of the football shows and they showed the Raz offside frame by frame, and then the Mahrez pass to Raz for the lobbed goal. It really depends upon which frame they choose for when the ball left the foot of Merlin and Mahrez. It's arguable that Raz was onside for the first but offside for the second. As I said it depends on which frame they choose to freeze.
same for the bernie pass to aguero in champs lg-change the frame, change the decision.

How about this - if you can clearly see that the player is offside then he is offside. If there's a single shred of doubt then he's not offside.

Simple I know yet remarkably it has worked for decades.

But this hasn't worked really has it. Tv replays will show offside and the problem starts again.

Here is a question to all those who believe VAR works and it will be done fairly for every single team. If it had been Rashford that had crossed the ball instead of Sterling would the decision have been the same ?

VAR won't be perfect but it will be much more "perfectier" than when there's no var. We can talk about emotions and stuff but to question if it will be more fair, it's nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.