#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He's scored some clutch goals for Liverpool last season but for most of that season he was something of a joke player to Liverpool fans.

He's a joke to nearly every football fan , he's a big lummox who couldnt trap a bag of cement , OK he scored in a Champs League final , Pogshite played in a World Cup Final , and he's the most overrated player ever to pull a football shirt on . Just because you play in a big final doesnt mean your a big player , they were just lucky to be surrounded by half decent players on a lucky cup run.

I've read a lot of criticism about Jesus being offside a lot, and some of it is justified, but it's not always his fault. Quite often, he's offside because he makes an early run anticipating a quick pass, but the pass comes a tiny bit late and consequently he's offside. There aren't stats for "delayed playing the through ball", so the only record is another offside for Jesus.

I've read a lot of criticism about Jesus being offside a lot, and some of it is justified, but it's not always his fault. Quite often, he's offside because he makes an early run anticipating a quick pass, but the pass comes a tiny bit late and consequently he's offside. There aren't stats for "delayed playing the through ball", so the only record is another offside for Jesus.

Just to add to that...those runs are often decoy runs that leaves other options open for the player on the ball. They have the first run from Jesus but often the better decision is the pass after the run to someone else. It all happens in such a short amount of time too. Sure, he can and will get better with his timing but I think his reputation for being offsides is a bit harsh.

I played 3 different sports competitively and what I really enjoy while watching them now is the meta aspect of things. From a personal standpoint I thought it was a big deal that Jesus gets a majority of the starts early on in the season to build his confidence and self belief up that he's a major part of our squad this season. I hope Pep backs him again to start at home vs Tottenham. Kun's still clearly the first choice striker and if it was away then that changes things up but from a long term perspective getting Jesus going early on has tremendous value for me.

has Gabby got a bird yet, I want him to settle down a bit, this will also I improve his game with a nice woman in his life..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.