Var debate 2019/20

They showed us though. The entire pitch is mapped out in 3D to the cameras and on to a computer. Then any pixel located within the picture corresponds to a 3 dimensional location within the stadium. Wherever is clicked then has a vertical line drawn to the floor where the lines can be compared.
I've never seen this, and evidently not many others on here have either, as most base their opinion on that still picture, where was it shown ?

I've never seen this, and evidently not many others on here have either, as most base their opinion on that still picture, where was it shown ?

They showed it live.

For the first the result of it with the crosses and line to the floor.

For the second you actually saw it being drawn on the live footage (unless I’m going mental).

*they don’t show a 3D picture, that’s already in the computer. They show the TV picture. It’s why it doesn’t matter if a camera is 100% side on or not as it’s triangulated from whichever camera shows it clearest.

They showed it live.

For the first the result of it with the crosses and line to the floor.

For the second you actually saw it being drawn on the live footage (unless I’m going mental).

*they don’t show a 3D picture, that’s already in the computer. They show the TV picture. It’s why it doesn’t matter if a camera is 100% side on or not as it’s triangulated from whichever camera shows it clearest.
Looks like you got more than we did then, we certainly never got that or even an explanation.

And this is why VAR has come in.

Those moaning need to remember how much abuse and cry’s of corruptions were aimed at the officials when they get decisions wrong. If we are to give up on VAR as everyone was so happy with the ‘way it was’ then we would need to stop the abuse and corruption calling at officials. Unfortunately that wouldn’t happen.
The crazy thing so far is that VAR hasn’t (apparently) got anything majorly wrong yet. Certainly not in a City match in the PL so I’m not sure why so many are quite so upset (especially in comparison with the cries of corruption in previous seasons and howls of anger when Liverpool and United voted against VAR being implemented last season).

The crazy thing so far is that VAR hasn’t (apparently) got anything majorly wrong yet. Certainly not in a City match in the PL so I’m not sure why so many are quite so upset (especially in comparison with the cries of corruption in previous seasons and howls of anger when Liverpool and United voted against VAR being implemented last season).

I’m definitely in favour of it but I do understand the frustration in waiting for the outcome and how it can affect the spontaneous celebration feeling - I think this is a very fair point.
However , I like knowing my team hasn’t been totally robbed by a ridiculously bad decision by the officials who have zero help and have to guess, many times walking out the stadium and reading the reports how our red card was never a red card, or how the opposition team scored a goal that was miles offside, that is far more infuriating than having to wait for the correct decision.
It’s going to be a bumpy ride and it’s like footballs version of Brexit - but for me, the correct outcome has to override my personal emotion - I get why others would disagree with that.

Tradition.

It's usually older people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.