Var debate 2019/20

I've never seen this, and evidently not many others on here have either, as most base their opinion on that still picture, where was it shown ?
They showed us though. The entire pitch is mapped out in 3D to the cameras and on to a computer. Then any pixel located within the picture corresponds to a 3 dimensional location within the stadium. Wherever is clicked then has a vertical line drawn to the floor where the lines can be compared.
so why did they show Raheem as offside through a basic freeze frame photograph? Showing a photograph gives me no confidence because it should be done by computer. And if it was it should take microseconds to calculate and not 75 seconds.

I've now taken the time to think about it. I am wholeheartedly in support of VAR. It is a bit of a damper on immediate celebrations. But I'm okay with it's level of accuracy.

An accuracy superior to any ref. And the bit of annoyance of thinking we'd scored when we hadn't is worth all the past errors an claims if why so and so won or lost.

We we now all get what's due us. May the best team win

I agree. There may be some subjectivity in applying, but I am convinced that in the CL quarter vs scousers, at least 3 of the fuck up decisions would have been overturned, which might well have turned the tie.

They showed it live.

For the first the result of it with the crosses and line to the floor.

For the second you actually saw it being drawn on the live footage (unless I’m going mental).

*they don’t show a 3D picture, that’s already in the computer. They show the TV picture. It’s why it doesn’t matter if a camera is 100% side on or not as it’s triangulated from whichever camera shows it clearest.
33 cameras and 120 freeze frames per second. Some won’t have a view at all - but even if they all do and they are all set differently to maximise opportunities that’s only the equivalent of 3960 freeze frames per second maximum In that time Raheem has ran 2.25mm. What’s the margin of error?

No idea what you are asking, @SWP's back who I quoted was talking about how the technology was explained on his footage, it wasn't on ours on BT, I don't care about the dotted lines they are irrelevant if the technology is doing what its supposed to do.

Yes understand that, was the reason I asked the question.

I thought potentially those red dotted lines might have had something to do with the type of footage he was talking about.

so why did they show Raheem as offside through a basic freeze frame photograph? Showing a photograph gives me no confidence because it should be done by computer. And if it was it should take microseconds to calculate and not 75 seconds.
That is just to appease the viewer, its been said a hundred times in this thread now that technology is being used, not the still image we see, which is what @SWP's back is alluding to, and what Walton on BT stated (but with no real explanation of said technology)

Well that is likely to be true: several officials are collectively viewing material than one/two officials viewed instantaneously but at the price of stopping the game. And I want to be able to see the ball hit the net, look at the linesman and know in the moment, not 1-2-3 minutes later.

What about an opponents ball hitting the net when you suspect it was a handball, or our shot hitting the net as a linesman's flag fallacious goes up?

33 cameras and 120 freeze frames per second. Some won’t have a view at all - but even if they all do and they are all set differently to maximise opportunities that’s only the equivalent of 3960 freeze frames per second maximum In that time Raheem has ran 2.25mm. What’s the margin of error?
We don't know, that is why people are saying we need to understand it and see it demonstrated.

True but since the nico handball in the CL,Spurs handball now feeling like i can't go mad when we score,i've had enough already,it'll take the fun out of it,i'm going to moan after every game as that would be a waste of energy,it is what it is

You'll moan until VAR saves us in a crucial game - and I think that moment will come sooner than you might think.

Wolves moaning about the hand ball decision today despite the correct decision being made not helping matters.
A bit of Karma from the game last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.