Var debate 2019/20

Don’t know if I missed it but didn’t notice any VAR checks on a couple of the rags goals today where Chelski wanted a foul prior to the goal.
Chelski looked bereft of any ideas in the 2nd half without Hazard, and did Rags win the league today?

CTID

They changed the rules 2 seasons ago such that offside is determined when the passer first touches the ball. Other than that I totally agree with you. When there is no gap that is when the decision point is. Sterling's goal shouldn't have been disallowed if they had done that. Silva had clearly touched the ball 4 frames or 4/25ths of a second before the offside decision point.
If the rule is as you state, then Sterling offside was 100% not offside for the Gabby tap in, and his lobbed goal was correctly awarded. I honestly thought they applied the frame when there was separation from the foot.

Have you watched Andy Gray’s piece on it? He proves quite easily that someone in a van is picking frames. So it isn’t done by technology, someone picks the frame to use the technology.
As has been posted Andy Gray's piece is not accurate, he's basing his opinion on the pictures shown, but its not, its technology based and @SWP's back has posted an explanation of said technology, its there if you want to read it, this was also explained by Walton yesterday, but not no examples given, which PL managers and captains were shown in detail last week.

If the rule is as you state, then Sterling offside was 100% not offside for the Gabby tap in, and his lobbed goal was correctly awarded. I honestly thought they applied the frame when there was separation from the foot.
Correct. As clearly vissible from Andy Grey's footage.

As has been posted Andy Gray's piece is not accurate, he's basing his opinion on the pictures shown, but its not, its technology based and @SWP's back has posted an explanation of said technology, its there if you want to read it, this was also explained by Walton yesterday, but not no examples given, which PL managers and captains were shown in detail last week.

We’re not privy to what’s been shown to the clubs.

Allison Rudd(I know) was very pro var on the guardian podcast and they were told it would only be used on clear and obvious errors. So it seems to me mixed messages are coming from inside that camp.

I also want to know how 2 incidents at United’s game did not get var checked. Not a peep about it from the commentary either. One was a marginal offside which was as close as sterling’s and the other was Zouma clutching his face in the box and united running down the field to score.

Nothing.

As I said this is not being used consistently.

They showed it live.

For the first the result of it with the crosses and line to the floor.

For the second you actually saw it being drawn on the live footage (unless I’m going mental).

*they don’t show a 3D picture, that’s already in the computer. They show the TV picture. It’s why it doesn’t matter if a camera is 100% side on or not as it’s triangulated from whichever camera shows it clearest.

The FIFA vid I posted earlier in the thread shows how the tech works. The camera triangulated with goal posts

In any of the city goals, from any of the camera angles could anyone say for sure when the ball actually left the foot of the player who gave the assist,
Too much room for incorrect decisions if it comes down to millimetres. The offside rule will have to be changed again to accommodate var. Imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.