Manchester sight-seeing

Get knotted you patronising so and so. Manchester is a generic concrete jungle whilst York is the opposite.
Its been a long, long,long time since I've been told to get knotted - and even longer since I've been called a so and so!
I suggest you get some anger management. Maybe after you've done a walking tour of our glorious City

Wow. A lot of suggestions. Thanks guys. So after reading the thread, London, Manchester and Bath are definite it seems. Confused about Bristol and Brighton now. Any idea how Edinburgh is?
Btw, York does look lovely from the Google Images.

Wow. A lot of suggestions. Thanks guys. So after reading the thread, London, Manchester and Bath are definite it seems. Confused about Bristol and Brighton now. Any idea how Edinburgh is?
Btw, York does look lovely from the Google Images.

Edinburgh is quite nice. There's a castle, a big hill, some underground bits, loads of shops, some pubs and probably the best curry house in the world.

I visit from the US for matches once or twice a year, and I love the Manchester area. Definitely do the Etihad Stadium Tour. If you like to walk/hike, then hop on the train to Edale and visit the Peak District. In Manchester, I would recommend the People's History Museum, the Art Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, and the National Football Museum. Manchester Cathedral is also impressive. If you are a Beatles fan, you should definitely head to Liverpool for the museum and a visit to the Cavern Club. Took a nice scenic train ride once from Manchester to Carlisle, and that was a fund day trip.

I usually stay at the Premier Inn near Piccadilly Station. It is about a 5 minute walk from the station, and a nice quiet location. About a 20 minute walk to the Stadium!

Enjoy your trip!

I’ve walked through central Manchester a thousand times and never once been in awe of the history. I’d buy what I was after and head back out.

Somewhere like York is a different story...
What a shock. Your views on Manchester don't count. Don't know why you bother coming.

For a blue you don't half slag Manchester off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.