Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know whether City's contract offer for Leroy is still on the table or not?

LOL, we don't even know where the key person wants to kick a ball!
(I assume he was and is well interested in BMU, smoke and fire)

We don't know if City's offer has been upgraded during the year on the table,
but we must assume it's not enough for Leroy.

The old offer now is like a dead fish. Signing that would feel like a complete surrender. It doesn't make much sense. If you play high stake poker because you see a huge value in yourself you simply are not the guy to make a step down or 2.
City would have to offer a brand new stimulus to make Leroy bite but City won't for wage structure, even more so post injury.

Leroy actually has only 1 option to still win the financial part of his gamble (if we assume he could have earned 140k more each week
since 13 months +19/20 +20/21, and that is leaving on a free and cashing in a huge signing-on fee in 2021.

Leaving 2020 could just about make up for lost City wages, not more. In my rough calculation.

His injury has decreased that signing-on fee though, as the ACL must have a negative impact on his market value for the while.

I have the feeling BMU haven't lost interest in Leroy at all. They will shut up now and be quiet after taking a lession from City in negotiations,
and their primary target would be to convince the player first 100% or leave the party.
I think they hope to sign Timo Werner on a free next summer and Leroy at a price below €100m, having other loans as workarounds.

Yeah, I'd be amazed if City just withdrew the offer because of his injury. That's not the way we operate. Doubt we'll see any movement either way for a few months whilst he starts his rehabilitation, but once he time to reflect hopefully he'll decide that his future is with us, not Bayern.
I would agree completely in terms of how we operate and look after our players and staff but I think Sane and particularly his agents have upset a few people at the Etihad and consequently we as a club will be happy to see how his attitude during his rehab is before making an enormous financial commitment re his contract.

LOL, we don't even know where the key person wants to kick a ball!
(I assume he was and is well interested in BMU, smoke and fire)

We don't know if City's offer has been upgraded during the year on the table,
but we must assume it's not enough for Leroy.

The old offer now is like a dead fish. Signing that would feel like a complete surrender. It doesn't make much sense. If you play high stake poker because you see a huge value in yourself you simply are not the guy to make a step down or 2.
City would have to offer a brand new stimulus to make Leroy bite but City won't for wage structure, even more so post injury.

Leroy actually has only 1 option to still win the financial part of his gamble (if we assume he could have earned 140k more each week
since 13 months +19/20 +20/21, and that is leaving on a free and cashing in a huge signing-on fee in 2021.

Leaving 2020 could just about make up for lost City wages, not more. In my rough calculation.

His injury has decreased that signing-on fee though, as the ACL must have a negative impact on his market value for the while.

I have the feeling BMU haven't lost interest in Leroy at all. They will shut up now and be quiet after taking a lession from City in negotiations,
and their primary target would be to convince the player first 100% or leave the party.
I think they hope to sign Timo Werner on a free next summer and Leroy at a price below €100m, having other loans as workarounds.

Why must we assume it's not enough ?

Why can't we assume he wanted to find out if he actually gets in the team, before signing away the peak years of his career ?

I would agree completely in terms of how we operate and look after our players and staff but I think Sane and particularly his agents have upset a few people at the Etihad and consequently we as a club will be happy to see how his attitude during his rehab is before making an enormous financial commitment re his contract.

I imagine that would ensure his attitude & especially his agents, will be to do exactly the same then.

If we take away the contract offer, he effectively just has one full season to hold out & no special relationship with the club, to make him think any different.

If we look after him & keep it open, he knows we value him very highly.

No chance he will stay if we drop the offer, imo. We could keep it there & agree to 'talk later'.

I imagine that would ensure his attitude & especially his agents, will be to do exactly the same then.

If we take away the contract offer, he effectively just has one full season to hold out & no special relationship with the club, to make him think any different.

If we look after him & keep it open, he knows we value him very highly.

No chance he will stay if we drop the offer, imo. We could keep it there & agree to 'talk later'.
I think the first couple of months of his rehab will be a cooling off period for all parties.

A successful operation and good start to his rehab then the process of renegotiation of his contract or transfer will begin.

Yeah, I'd be amazed if City just withdrew the offer because of his injury. That's not the way we operate. Doubt we'll see any movement either way for a few months whilst he starts his rehabilitation, but once he time to reflect hopefully he'll decide that his future is with us, not Bayern.

Theres no real incentive for City to withdraw the offer.

Even if the injury was catastrophic and made him half the player, making his 60k a week contract 180k would cost the club 6m a year. They would more than make that up in transfer fee just by virtue of him not having 12 months left next summer or him walking on a free in 2021.

Plus this is the club who just gave Mangala a 1 year deal while he recovered from injury....like you said its not how we operate.

I think the first couple of months of his rehab will be a cooling off period for all parties.

A successful operation and good start to his rehab then the process of renegotiation of his contract or transfer will begin.

I think his decision would have come in the Autumn anyhow, when he would have an idea if he was going to play regularly. Obviously we would need to know the operation worked & it was just down to rehab, before doing a deal, so that would be a good time to restart talks.

Why must we assume it's not enough ?

Why can't we assume he wanted to find out if he actually gets in the team, before signing away the peak years of his career ?

Ok, let's assume the financial offer was perfect for him and it was only about minutes then.

There is only 1 thing that decides about playing time under Pep (if fit), you simply have to show you are better than your team mates.
Any player has to show that, in training and on the pitch, then Pep would pick him.
Not regularly of course under our concept of rotation in 4 competitions, but between 3,500 and 4,000 minutes per season, for a forward/winger.

Leroy can't "wait" to see if he get's minutes, he has to deliver any single day - burning desire. Ask Pep.
That's what he has to do to find out if he gets in the team as you say.
It seems it wasn't enough somehow last season, even compared to Mahrez, not to Raz and Bernardo.

That's why I would prefer to assume there indeed were financial reasons, because the other option would be much worse:
it would be a long standing secret agreement between Leroy and BMU, and we shouldn't even think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.