City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

I had a conversation recently with a senior City employee who works within the wider CFG.

I was trying to give them an insight at ground level with regards our support. We aren't talking some 21-year-old post-grad, either.

They had never heard of Bert Trautmann or his story.

That's the core of the people hired these days by the club. CV not City.
Tells you all you need to know.

He didn't mention our players but a member of the backroom squad. I'd expect them to have some understanding of our history.
He said someone who works in the wider CFG, may not even work at City or be a fan. I know somebody that moved from rugby in London worked for the CFG for 3 years in finance, and has gone back to rugby, he wasn’t a City fan and probably wouldn’t know much of our history, though he would know who Trautmann was but not in any great detail.

He didn't mention our players but a member of the backroom squad. I'd expect them to have some understanding of our history.
I think my point still stands. If your criteria of hiring is having some understanding of our history, then you'll likely have a very small pool of of people to hire from in reality.

I think my point still stands. If your criteria of hiring is having some understanding of our history, then you'll likely have a very small pool of of people to hire from in reality.
The point being made is that the criteria for hiring somebody is that you don't need to know anything about our history. You think that's a good thing. Fine.

The point being made is that the criteria for hiring somebody is that you don't need to know anything about our history. You think that's a good thing. Fine.
If history was requirement, Txiki and Ferran wouldn't be here, and by extension Pep wouldn't be here, and neither will Kev, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, etc. I would hope the club would hire the most competent worker for their particular job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.