City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

I had a conversation recently with a senior City employee who works within the wider CFG.

I was trying to give them an insight at ground level with regards our support. We aren't talking some 21-year-old post-grad, either.

They had never heard of Bert Trautmann or his story.

That's the core of the people hired these days by the club. CV not City.

I take your point - and there’s something wrong with the induction process of employees don’t know the fabric of the club. However, thinking back to the ITV documentary shot at City - you know the one where Steve Coogan deffo got his inspiration for Alan Partridge! All those employees who were lovely knew who all our former players were but most despite being blues were probably very average employees and certainly not going to drive a business where we want to go today. The women who washed the kit literally washed the first team kit in those days - today we have hundreds of staff with literally 20 kits each etc to be washed - City as it was has gone and whilst I take your point we are a very large business with lofty ambitions and I for one welcome us ditching the nepotism and us hiring people who can do the job.

I just found it hilarious how non-Asians in this thread are the ones determining whether it was racist to Asians or not. That's not how racism works mate.
It's perfectly possible to be a racist and to be a nice decent and loyal person. It's a set of ideas backed up by experience. Take Bert Trautmann. He was in the Brown-Shirts as a kid. Probably had all kinds of views about minorities. Life taught him otherwise. British people, who had fought in the war, and regarded him as an enemy, realised that. People are products of the environment they live in, and they take up the ideas that are prevalent and those ideas change over time. So don't write people off just because they think X,Y or Z.

City fans come from all over, and with different parents, backgrounds and experiences. We are all different. We should respect each other, and learn from other people. Maybe there is an absolute right and wrong, and there are certain views that are absolute but who is going to say what they are? The Church, the State?

I know who you are talking about in this topic, but I can't hear a word they say because of the PA. It's just background noise to me.

My favourite half time entertainment goes back to Maine Rd when we used to have cross-bar challenges or shooting the ball through a ring suspended from the cross-bar.

As regards presenters. I like Nat and Danny because I know them, and I know they are nice people. They don't have to make me laugh, they just have to present people on the pitch and interview etc, and they are perfectly capable of doing that.

I take your point - and there’s something wrong with the induction process of employees don’t know the fabric of the club. However, thinking back to the ITV documentary shot at City - you know the one where Steve Coogan deffo got his inspiration for Alan Partridge! All those employees who were lovely knew who all our former players were but most despite being blues were probably very average employees and certainly not going to drive a business where we want to go today. The women who washed the kit literally washed the first team kit in those days - today we have hundreds of staff with literally 20 kits each etc to be washed - City as it was has gone and whilst I take your point we are a very large business with lofty ambitions and I for one welcome us ditching the nepotism and us hiring people who can do the job.

The people your talking about did more then a capable job - different era anyway as you suggest. Surely though the people running our club and working for us should know a bit about us......

Surely you’d wouldn’t want entire teams of people who don’t know anything about us???? Why would you be alright with that - The match day entertainment crew are a perfect example of that - have no idea what our fans like and create corporate/ cheesy shite

I mean is it any wonder our core support feels removed at times from the club if barely any of them have any idea about our club..

It’s not just a business and shouldn’t be run as just that

Surely you’d wouldn’t want entire teams of people who don’t know anything about us???? Why would you be alright with that - The match day entertainment crew are a perfect example of that - have no idea what our fans like and create corporate/ cheesy shite
The matchday crew is now Natalie, Danny and Ferris, Ferris is the only one that could apply to, you may or may not like Danny and Natalie but you can't say they are corporate or don't know anything about us.

The matchday crew is now Natalie, Danny and Ferris, Ferris is the only one that could apply to, you may or may not like Danny and Natalie but you can't say they are corporate or don't know anything about us.

Maybe I should have said team behind them then.

It's perfectly possible to be a racist and to be a nice decent and loyal person. It's a set of ideas backed up by experience. Take Bert Trautmann. He was in the Brown-Shirts as a kid. Probably had all kinds of views about minorities. Life taught him otherwise. British people, who had fought in the war, and regarded him as an enemy, realised that. People are products of the environment they live in, and they take up the ideas that are prevalent and those ideas change over time. So don't write people off just because they think X,Y or Z.

City fans come from all over, and with different parents, backgrounds and experiences. We are all different. We should respect each other, and learn from other people. Maybe there is an absolute right and wrong, and there are certain views that are absolute but who is going to say what they are? The Church, the State?

I know who you are talking about in this topic, but I can't hear a word they say because of the PA. It's just background noise to me.

My favourite half time entertainment goes back to Maine Rd when we used to have cross-bar challenges or shooting the ball through a ring suspended from the cross-bar.

As regards presenters. I like Nat and Danny because I know them, and I know they are nice people. They don't have to make me laugh, they just have to present people on the pitch and interview etc, and they are perfectly capable of doing that.
Mate there's no decent racist person, it just doesn't exist. You're either decent or you're racist.

Maybe I should have said team behind them then.
Maybe, but there isn’t a club that are going to give matchday presenters free reign, in these day of global media, public image is very important. That’s the same everywhere and isn’t going to change.

Mate there's no decent racist person, it just doesn't exist. You're either decent or you're racist.
I grew up in a racist family. bnp/nf members etc. I certainly saw the other side as I grew up. I just needed a different environment. i was decent then and decent now, so fuck off with that tbh, you sound totally prejudiced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.