#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that after taking 12 days off. He looks motivated to stake his place in the team. Our depth certainly brings out the best in our players.

Has to start against Spurs.
He apparently told Pep he only wanted 10 days off and wants to be back to camp. You just know this guy had read the book on Pep. Probably stole it from Zinchencko.

You just know that's the type of shit that gives Pep a massive boner to hear.

And then he puts in this performance? Yeah, I'd be shocked if he is dropped.

Ever. :)

He apparently told Pep he only wanted 10 days off and wants to be back to camp. You just know this guy had read the book on Pep. Probably stole it from Zinchencko.

You just know that's the type of shit that gives Pep a massive boner to hear.

And then he puts in this performance? Yeah, I'd be shocked if he is dropped.

Ever. :)
I think all the players in the squad have realised they are part of something potentially remembered for the rest of the careers. If that can't motivate you to get you back to Manchester to work under the master himself then you have no place in the squad and Pep has certainly worked out the ones that want it and those that dont.

Was a great performance from Mahrez at the weekend though and it would be very difficult for Pep to drop him at the weekend but Bernardos energy will be important against the spuds.

Maybe unusual to comment on his confidence levels when a club has recently shelled out £60m for your services , but i genuinely think he was overrawed when he came to the club , the standard of our squad , stadium , facilities must be daunting coming from , with all due respect a mid-table Leicester City. He showed at West Ham that when he is given time and space he is a devastating player , expecting big things from Mahrez this season , he won't be far away from the 17 goals he scored for Leicester when they won the title , unfortunately he won't get Player of the year as he did with Leicester , because our players do not qualify for individual awards , they all go to Klanfield

3 mancity players in best XI with highest rating to mahrez from whoscored
fGvXk1r.jpg

Mahrez and Bernardo should both start against Spurs with one assuming a central position. I genuinely feel like that Brighton goal was the moment Mahrez felt like he belonged, was brilliant against WHU.

A lot of posters will have to eat their words this season. Going to have to take a look at last year’s Mahrez thread to see who they are. Probably too many to count lol

A big big season is coming up. Performed well last season contrary to popular belief. This is the year he will reach and soon surpass his best form.

Top top player our Riyad.

Involved in all 5 goals, had to keep his place against Spurs.

I simply like the way he plays more in the RW role more than Bernardo.

I love bernardo, his work rate and control are phenomenal, but I feel his creation out wide is mostly limited to just cutting on his left and crossing while Mahrez has more range in his passing to create goals.

Would like to see both play though and see Bernardo in David's role, I think that's the way forward considering next season so Pep has to utilize more and more.

Mahrez was excellent v WHU and when he came back into team at very end of last season.

You never now quite what Pep is going to do but it's hard to envisage Mahrez not retaining his place for Spurs. Bernie could come in for Merlin.

Hopefully, Mahrez will achieve the levels this season that I expected of him last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.