#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll go beyond 30 goals in the league this year, if we set up like we did on Saturday he could get a hat-trick every week.
Don't know about in the league but 30 goals in all comps is definitely achievable for him imo.

£49m.......

For any lurking Dippers.......shove the Beatles up your fucking arse.

giphy.gif

What an absolute legend in the making! There will be countless movies made about him down the road when his careers over, especially if (when) he starts killing it for the national team. With the manager we have, and the squad we have, those little in game tussles between players is great to see. It shows that they aren't satisfied and eager to get the best out of each other.

I love Sane but the LW is locked up for the next 5 seasons. Watching Raz and Jesus float in out of the Striker/LW role fluently throughout matches is going to be a complete nightmare for the Prem for years to come.

What a player...

Imo he comfortably has the best movement of anyone in the league and top 5 in world football. That aspect of his game has always been great but this season especially since the start of pre season, he seemed to have taken it to another level with his timing of runs. That added to his continued improvement in finishing and composure in front of goal means it will truly be a scary prospect for the rest of the league trying to stop him.

Surely it being a team sport and less about individual accolades is part of the reason why Aguero took the penalty? If Aguero is designated penalty taker when on the pitch then we shouldn't abandon that because someone happens to be on a hat trick.

Agreed.

If Sergio is the senior penalty taker, he should take them when he is on the pitch. And who’s to say that Sterling would have scored it?

Raheem was brilliant in the second half on Saturday and fully deserved his hat-trick and MotM. The little dink for the second was stunning and if Rashford had scored it, we’d be hearing about it for years.

Pep Guardiola on whether Raheem Sterling can reach 30 goals: “Hopefully. It will be good for him and for the team. When he’s in front of goal, he puts it in the net. So, he can do it, yeah. He scored 25 last season, and 25 to 30 is only five goals. So he can do it.”

“Goals are a consequence of the way we play – their mood, how the team’s playing, no injuries. I wouldn’t judge him if he scored 30 goals, 35 or 20. When he scores, I’m happy. But if he does what he has to do for him and the team, then it’s enough.” #MCFC

He has mastered the timing of his runs as his goal proved once again but other than that I thought his general play was quite poor. Seemed to just be constantly running into defenders and making poor decisions in the final third.

When he was on it he was on it.

His fitness isn't quite at the level I'd like it to be though. I think his pressing is better so I'll assume he's adapting a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.