Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Mahrez had a great game last week, I think Pep will pick Bernardo for this one. He'll have a point to prove after sitting out last week.

What a great way to start the season....struggling to determine which high quality international player isn’t going to make the starting line up for a big game against a realistic title challenger.

While pundits can try to make something from big scores in opening games, it is games like this that help make early statements. Just as people have decided this is going to be a transition season for Chelsea and that Lampard needs to simply keep them in touch in and around the Top Six this season, and that United are now a young counter attacking team that can be devastating on the break, but may lack the defensive fortitude necessary for ultimate season long success, so they will develop a narrative about both Spurs and City from this game.

This is going to be a strong first test. The game will hinge on whether City or Spurs dominate the flanks, and how City stop Spurs from using their bigger size and power and dominating the middle of the field. Aguero vs Kane? I fancy us there. Ederson vs Lloris? Not a competition. The ONLY place where there is a serious competition is in midfield, which means funneling the ball OUT of the middle of the park and into the channels and down the wings as quickly as possible.

COME ON CITY!!!

""Do you remember when you bought Walker ,that year you spent more JUST on your defence than Syria did , and more than Spurs have spent in the last 6 seasons ."
And won more trophies in the last 6 seasons as well. Maybe if you had spent more in the last 6 seasons than moaning about how much City have spent you might have had some success.

We unfortunately had to spend 1bn on a new stadium , you were given a new stadium ,and with the wealth or the Sheik could buy players . I’m a fan and can’t understand why our chairman Joe Lewis at 80+ with a fortune of 6bn , doesn’t just pay for the stadium and another 1bn for players , but that’s he difference between a real fan and a businessman .
We have done well with limited means , I don’t understand why City fans don’t accept we are batting well above our station and give us more credit

We unfortunately had to spend 1bn on a new stadium , you were given a new stadium ,and with the wealth or the Sheik could buy players . I’m a fan and can’t understand why our chairman Joe Lewis at 80+ with a fortune of 6bn , doesn’t just pay for the stadium and another 1bn for players , but that’s he difference between a real fan and a businessman .
We have done well with limited means , I don’t understand why City fans don’t accept we are batting well above our station and give us more credit
You manger has bigger man boobs then ours . I give you that .

Going to be a difficult game. Spurs are going to be a challenger this season. They are one of the few sides who are capable of beating us at our place. In fact anyone is given freak circumstances, but SPurs have a small but significant chance because they have quality and can defend a lead.

Can't seem to remember when Spurs last beat us at Etihad.

Yeah, it’s a very difficult call. Bernardo was pretty much first name on the team sheet last season, but Mahrez played very well last weekend and Guardiola was seemingly impressed with his attitude in returning early from AFCON. With Sane injured, Mahrez has a big part to play this season and not sure if Pep will want to stall his momentum. Bernardo’s not the type of guy to kick up a fuss either so wouldn’t be a huge surprise to see Mahrez get the nod on Saturday.
Its maybe unlikely but they could play with a Mahrez, Stirling, Bernardo front three. Stirling has looked extremely dangerous through the middle. Mind blowing that we would do ok even if Kun and Gabby sat on the bench.

We weren’t “given” a stadium, we swapped it for our old stadium, and additionally paid rent on the new stadium, as well as paying to upgrade it from 35k to 58k capacity, as far as I recall. Also why any City fan should be expected to give credit to your horrible fucking club on a City forum is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.