Should tactical fouls become a red card offence?

City: Ruining fouling since 2008.

It is literally sad to see people, including Pellegrini this weekend, whining about tactical fouling, as if it is a new phenomenon. It is nothing new. City didn’t invent it, nor do we do it more than other teams.

What is happening is that City are getting so much positive press that the red (and other) sycophants have been forced to try to find SOMETHING...ANYTHING...with which to denigrate what we are accomplishing on the field.

We don’t have a Chopper Harris or a Norman bite yer legs Hunter, but apparently we have suddenly invented the innocuous, stop you getting past me, foul that needs to be eradicated from football....as opposed to the legbreaker, foot up against the player kicking the ball (Wembley TAA against Silva, for example), scything tackle from behind, the elbow in the face when heading the ball, and everyone’s favorite...rolling around on the field as if shot by a sniper until the foul and yellow card are given, then the magic sponge cures everything, the player gets up, walks around wincing and limping for a few seconds, then the ball comes to him and he is back to being a gazelle!!!

This will become a “thing,” with ex-players who want to be seen more in TV extolling how City are masters of this dark art and it should be taken care of. Fernandinho has already been singled out as the Jedi Master of the Tactical Foul (capitalized, because it has now become a serious matter ;-) ), with Rodri clearly having been schooled in it by a Pep in pre-season.

Getting sick of the rolling agenda from some quarters. If you can beat em, besmirch em!!!

When Skrtl was at Liverpool and in a replay he was shown to be taking his studs down a forwards leg the comment was always " the dark arts of defending "

Another Dipper player who was a master at tactical fouls was Lucas Leiva, an excellent player at what he did.
And the Dippers supporters couldn’t see what they had, we’ve bought the only Brazilian with no skill! They would tell anyone who would listen.

What the actual fuck is tactical fouling supposed to mean?

You make or attempt a tackle to win the ball back and everyone does it.

It’s utter fucking nonsense.

What the actual fuck is tactical fouling supposed to mean?

You make or attempt a tackle to win the ball back and everyone does it.

It’s utter fucking nonsense.
It means deliberately fouling a player to halt an attack. Usually it’s done to stop a counter attack. We do it loads. So do most teams, but it’s pretty much only associated with City due to a media campaign. It’s not nonsense though, it is a thing that we do often, Rodri did a couple at the weekend and Fernandinho is a master at it. But what annoys me is this feeling in England now that only City do it.

It means deliberately fouling a player to halt an attack. Usually it’s done to stop a counter attack. We do it loads. So do most teams, but it’s pretty much only associated with City due to a media campaign. It’s not nonsense though, it is a thing that we do often, Rodri did a couple at the weekend and Fernandinho is a master at it. But what annoys me is this feeling in England now that only City do it.
There were two fouls in the whole game by City that could be described as tactical, both just before half-time, one by Rodri, the other by Silva. That's it. The perception and the reality are two completely different things. But what's new about that?

I know what it is meant to mean or rather imply.

Facts are we committed no more fouls than most in the opening weekend and not a single other team where accused of tactical fouling because its frankly bullshit.

I know what it is meant to mean or rather imply.

Facts are we committed no more fouls than most in the opening weekend and not a single other team where accused of tactical fouling because its frankly bullshit.
The act of accusing City and nobody else is bullshit, yes. But we do it, I don’t know why some can’t admit that. And it’s not even a bad thing. Just take the foul, sometimes a yellow too, and move on. Better than a goal. West Ham fans will be watching De Bruyne charging through to set up Sterling and wondering why the fuck they didn’t tug at his shirt to end the counter. If you want to win, you can’t be that naive. And we’re not.

Don’t get taken in by the bullshit. There’s no such thing in the laws of the game as a tactical foul. A foul is a foul full stop. It’s a made up phrase to use as a stick to beat us with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.