Punk and New Wave thread.

You’re forgetting a lot of the early punk came out of The NE of the US, New York, Detroit . The Ramones were the first band I listened to that you could tell were different from the mainstream.

so true matey

many things from the US was copied back here and punks was one of them, its funny when you think about the sex pistols being a figure head for the new scene when in fact it was all ready happening about 2 years before, main stream music and fashion because old news when the media get hold of it ?? once it hits the market its gone on to something else

i always remember on our council in moston, 2 older lads into punk and was done up to the nines in ripped jeans and all the rest, only for the next couple of weeks later had there dads suits on calling themselves mods hahahaahah

Agree about the pre Sid Pistols.
I just read Steve Jones book Lonely Boy and clearly they were not manufactured and as he states, McClaren used the bands money to fund the Great Rock n Roll Swindle film that he used as a tool to create the image of himself as the creator of the band with his genius of a plan to orchestrate the whole thing.
On a slight pedantic note though, The Bill Grundy thing wasn't on Granada but Thames TV.

Got the audio book read by Steve himself absolutely storming.

Loved punk . Inspired me to play guitar ... get the 2 Barre chords sorted and strum like hell . Shame the ramones never sold more records . Everyone knows them and has a t shirt now ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.