Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what might happen but it will not be the plan. The plan is to beat you. Not get lucky with incredible defending and a flukey goal against the run of play.
Watched the 1st half of the Villa game and If you play like that City will win no problem. Also Son will not be playing which is good for City as I really rate him.

Not sure I agree with all the 'high confidence' predictions in here, and certainly not with the anti-Spurs baiting.
They are a very good team, managed by a very good coach, and have done a great job building their club, team and facilities over the last 10 years. Yes they have a few delusional/entitled fans (don't all teams?) but they have built every year for the last 3 years and keep getting better. Don't see the point in not giving credit where credit is due to their progress ..
We are better though, and probably will be for a couple of years due to squad quality and Pep, but on any given day they can beat us (as they did at their place in the CL last year).
I hope for a 2 goal winning margin Saturday, but wouldn't be surprised if it was closer.
Whilst I agree they have done well on a budget now, you can’t expect us to ignore the amount of money they spent over 3 decades (eighties, nineties and noughties) being bang average and trophy dodging. The present team is much, much better with a lot less spending. That said, I think they have chanced upon this current team / manager combo rather than been any sort of plan. Also, Poch has spoken openly about how he can’t get his teams to win trophies.

Finally, I don’t go on opponents fans forums to tell them how we’re going to tear them a new one due to the fact I’m not a sad dickhead. So when I encounter them on here, I’m afraid I’ll be rather irreverent.

Not sure I agree with all the 'high confidence' predictions in here, and certainly not with the anti-Spurs baiting.
They are a very good team, managed by a very good coach, and have done a great job building their club, team and facilities over the last 10 years. Yes they have a few delusional/entitled fans (don't all teams?) but they have built every year for the last 3 years and keep getting better. Don't see the point in not giving credit where credit is due to their progress ..
We are better though, and probably will be for a couple of years due to squad quality and Pep, but on any given day they can beat us (as they did at their place in the CL last year).
I hope for a 2 goal winning margin Saturday, but wouldn't be surprised if it was closer.
Tbf coming on here to say they are going to kick us off the park and cheat was hardly going to go down well

Do rival fans do that,go on other forums to say that,also we were given our ground for free and our owner still pays for players,he has hit city bingo whilst he was at it

Don't forget, spending more money on defence than Syria. They want to come on here and bemoan our spending, as
the ONLY reason we do what we do, then they shouldn't be surprised when they get short shrift.

If you have all these qualities and they are enough to beat us, why have you won fewer trophies in the last 20 years than City did over the last 6 months? Why did you finish some 25 pts behind us several months ago? What has changed in the last few weeks to make you so strong? Are you conflating wishes and reality?
They must have a shit manager ;)

How the fuck does the spurs fan keep getting our games against them?

What games has he been involved in that have benefitted Spurs I can’t think of any pro Spurs officials , they're all bar 1 , north of Birmingham

What games has he been involved in that have benefitted Spurs I can’t think of any pro Spurs officials , they're all bar 1 , north of Birmingham
I wouldn’t have imagined “thinking” was high on your list of skills.
I’m surprised the absolute shite you’ve posted on here since yesterday hasn’t seen you banned or at least removed from the thread.

Whilst I agree they have done well on a budget now, you can’t expect us to ignore the amount of money they spent over 3 decades (eighties, nineties and noughties) being bang average and trophy dodging. The present team is much, much better with a lot less spending. That said, I think they have chanced upon this current team / manager combo rather than been any sort of plan. Also, Poch has spoken openly about how he can’t get his teams to win trophies.

Finally, I don’t go on opponents fans forums to tell them how we’re going to tear them a new one due to the fact I’m not a sad dickhead. So when I encounter them on here, I’m afraid I’ll be rather irreverent.

Trophy dodging in the 80’s , FA CUP Winners IN 81 and 81 and Eufa cup in 84 .
In the 90’s we went almost bust , but thanks to El Tel and Sugar-we survived , we were never in the top 5 spenders, but still won the FA cup in 91 big spenders.
It was only when Enic and Levy took over did we start under Redknapp did we start getting in the top 8 .
Why can’t you just be gracious and thankful of your transformation........
( editted - Sorry Dyslexia isn’t always easy , wish I was in the country for this game would love to meet up and have a beer , let’s hope you come to WHL and we can have an adult chat )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.