Just for fun : who was our worst signing in the Premier League era ?

Mangala is nowhere near our worst signing. Bad value for money but he still did bits for us here and there.

Danny Mills is the pound for pound worst as far as negative impact, one screamer against Everton aside.

Tal Ben Haim. I still worry I'll see his name in a City line-up again one day.
I still worry we’ll both arrive at a shop door somewhere at the same time and I’ll get a right kicking to the head as he goes to open it for me.

The Mangala has got to be up there , cost anywhere between £30m and £50m depending on which liars in the media you want to be believe , his wages most probably have totaled around £10-12m , he never caused us any issues , and no axe to grind with the lad , he just was'nt good enough. Good luck to him , hope he keeps injury free at Valencia and has a good career.

Carl griffiths
Gerry creaney
To many to mention between the appointment of Alan Ball and appointment of Joe royle.

Ha, me too.

--------

I don't think RSC was the "worst", just most frustrating because he was a sick note.

Has to be Jo I think -- so disappointing. He was playing for the natl side. Thought he'd be a contributor. Wasn't he a club record or near it?
Problem with Jo is that he was always cup-tied

Has to be samaras without a doubt!!!

So we sold one of our cult heroes Shauny Wright and used the money to make a big money (for us back then) move for Samaras who turned out to be the biggest shit bag to ever pull on a city shirt!

There was so much hype around him and he was just a massive disappointment for everyone!

Vuoso played in a pre season up at Bury! How many Blues can say they saw Vuoso play? I don't ever remember him kicking a ball in a blue shirt after that.
I missed the Bury friendly but I did see him warming up on the touchline when we were losing at Wigan in the League Cup just before the last Maine Rd derby. I was puzzled then as to why he didn't give Vuoso a run after paying a decent fee for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.