FIFA investigation: No transfer ban

Duncan Castles and Rob Harris must have a horrible day. Hope they have some expired canned tuna for dinner with some expired bread.

The statement issued by the club and that issued by FIFA have some fascinating little touches. the club states that it has "cooperated fully with the investigation which has been transparent and evidence based at all times." This is an unsubtle, not to say blunt, reminder to UEFA that their investigation was far from transparent, leaked like a sieve and, in Khaldoon's opinion, was no problem to City if UEFA actually read the evidence we had presented to them. Otherwise we were in a very different conversation. FIFA appear to be giving City a little dose of support. In their statement they remind everyone that "the effective enforcement of these rules is paramount, as has also been confirmed on various occasions by the court of arbitration for sport." Maybe I'm a rabid City fan who reads into that what he wants to, but could not this be seen as a warning to UEFA that CAS will not be as sympathetic to UEFA's procedures?

What are people moaning about. This is a fair and proportionate punishment when the scale of our misdemeanors is compared to others.
Yep, I've no problem with us being punished for breaking the rules which we clearly admitted to - the suggestions that we should receive the same punishment as Chelsea who were repeat offenders involving around 30 players over a period of years are just crazy.

So if I’ve got this right, we breached the rules pre Dec 2016, at which point FIFA realised there must be something unclear in the regulations (not unusual in football!) and decided to brief to clubs a clarified explanation of the rules. Since this moment, City have not breached the rules in any way and acknowledged we had previously got it wrong. Hence a relatively small fine and no ban.

Chelsea, on the other hand, continued to breach the rules numerous times after 2016 and even denied any wrongdoing. Thus, when being found guilty they got the book thrown at them?

The football world can froth all they like, but it seems perfectly fair and reasonable. Unless I’m missing something?

So if I’ve got this right, we breached the rules pre Dec 2016, at which point UEFA realised there must be something unclear in the regulations (not unusual in football!) and decided to brief to clubs a clarified explanation of the rules. Since this moment, City have not breached the rules in any way and acknowledged we had previously got it wrong. Hence a relatively small fine and no ban.

Chelsea, on the other hand, continued to breach the rules numerous times after 2016 and even denied any wrongdoing. Thus, when being found guilty they got the book thrown at them?

The football world can froth all they like, but it seems perfectly fair and reasonable. Unless I’m missing something?

yeah, it's FIFA.

Your Liverpool / Chelsea Supporter’s Card. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.