How fucking big are your sandwiches?

Lay off the baguette and they might actually fit in a small bag then.

In seriousness though, I find it difficult to have sympathy with people taking bags to a game of football. It lasts less than two hours. It isn't a picnic or an artic expedition.

If you leave the house for, say, three or four hours in other circumstances to do something else, how often do you think 'well, I can only step foot out of this door if I have a supply of ham sandwiches/stewed tea/bag of sweets/ipad/good book/whatever else?

It cant be that difficult to go without.

And for those that claim it takes them hours and hours to get to and from the game and they cant go without, surely there is plenty of time on the journey to eat them in better surrounding than a shite plastic seat at half time. In the warm car, on the train, at a nice stop off etc.

The point is, the reason for not having bags surely trumps your desire for a cheese and pickle nap every time you leave the house.

Also, if everyone took a bag we'd still be queueing to get in the day after the game. Everyone with a bag causes delays for the majority that can manage a couple of hours without Delia's avocado wrap.

Also, and I might be wrong in this, but does the original post suggest that the condition that 'affects us all as we get older' is needing a piss at half time due to weaker bladders? Apologies if it is something more serious and I've misunderstood, but if it is what I have read it as, surely half the crowd could claim that one.

Have you read his post ? He cycles to the ground, the bag is for his wet weather gear that he takes off when he gets off his bike and goes into the ground. Yes he mentions drinks and food but the point is the bag is for his clothes. It fits under the seat so it is not in anyones way. But the point of the post seems to have been missed by virtually everyone. Because he couldn't take his bag in he had to sack of his season ticket, he has just had a call from supporters services as though they were looking to get him to get another one and he wondered if anyone else had a similar call.

Have you read his post ? He cycles to the ground, the bag is for his wet weather gear that he takes off when he gets off his bike and goes into the ground. Yes he mentions drinks and food but the point is the bag is for his clothes. It fits under the seat so it is not in anyones way. But the point of the post seems to have been missed by virtually everyone. Because he couldn't take his bag in he had to sack of his season ticket, he has just had a call from supporters services as though they were looking to get him to get another one and he wondered if anyone else had a similar call.

His bag is for his clothes, sandwiches & his flask.

Who the fuck strips off and takes in food and drink for less than two hours of a match? And then chooses to give up their seasoncard as there is no possible compromise?

His bag is for his clothes, sandwiches & his flask.

Who the fuck strips off and takes in food and drink for less than two hours of a match? And then chooses to give up their seasoncard as there is no possible compromise?

Yes the giving up the S.C. baffled me, we are playing the best (sorry most boring) football ever seen, I'd give up anything they asked for to watch this team.

Can't a cycling helmet, gloves and some wet weather gear fit into a very small bag?

Other than the helmet, everything folds into an extremely small space.

Half the post is also given over to the food issue, so it suggests that this is a major consideration. If it wasn't then surely the OP would think about finding a strategy for storing the bag outside the ground (if it really can't be reduced to the requested size).

Yes the giving up the S.C. baffled me, we are playing the best (sorry most boring) football ever seen, I'd give up anything they asked for to watch this team.

It’s bizarre. To be honest, this poster seems like a complete nutter who can’t accept any change whatsoever. I’m an old school 65 year old but I can move with the times, even though lots of things don’t suit me.

To sneak anything in, put it in a CityStore bag, I see all the tourists carrying them and no-one checks them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.