Just for fun : who was our worst signing in the Premier League era ?

I'm with the Bony brigade... many of the others (RSC, Rodwell) had injury problems and probably shouldn't have passed a fitness test.

Bony just had the issue of having a large fat ass that he rarely moved... he was also playing in a much better side/manager

I chuckle every time I remember how many people here were optimistic about Bony and compared him favourably to Edin........ :). I know he contracted malaria but his descent to footballing nothingness make certain Daniel 'Octopus' Sturridge an exemplary professional.

Would hardly put Bony down as our worst signing of the last 27 years. He scored 11 goals in 47 games. That's hardly a record to be proud of but it's much better than Jo (6 in 42), Santa Cruz (4 in 24), Corradi (3 in 29), even Macken (7 in 51).

Would hardly put Bony down as our worst signing of the last 27 years. He scored 11 goals in 47 games. That's hardly a record to be proud of but it's much better than Jo (6 in 42), Santa Cruz (4 in 24), Corradi (3 in 29), even Macken (7 in 51).
You don’t have to. You can choose your own player.

Mangala in terms of monetary reasons but it has to be Bony. I got to the point where I wasn't even angry when he started, I genuinely chuckled knowing how terrible he was going to perform. Never seen a more immobile forward in my life, was painful to watch him play at times.

Bony. Didn’t like him before we signed him, didn’t like him when he was with us, don’t like him now. I have a list of posters that used the term, “calendar year” that I also don’t like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.