Your ten "must see" places in England..

Whitehaven what the very fuck ? Out of all the places in Cumbria, Wasdale has to be up there, at least you didn’t say Frizington ;-)

My dear old Mam came from Whitehaven, my Grandad dug out Haig Pit, my uncle was the guy who wound the cage up and down - had to be included. I would have said Corkickle but most would ne'er have heard of it!

I lived in Richmond when I was a sprog. Wonderful town and all of Swaledale on your doorstep :-)
We stayed just outside the village of Reeth, some good pubs there. I can't remember the name of the campsite but the views we had of Swaledale's rugged beauty were stunning. Pity about the weather though. We stayed there to fish the Swale but the wind and rain were too bad to fish when it became flooded. Half the time we were trying to keep the tent from becoming a big kite!

Rydal Water is wonderful
Stonehenge
Seven Sisters (South Downs, not Tottenham)
Dedham Vale (Constable Country)
Dartmoor
Falmouth

and others that have been said.
Dedham vale is a good shout. We all had a haywain hanging in our hall in the 70’s

Dedham itself is a lovely village. In the borough of Colchester, while not in anyone’s top 10 is worth a visit while there. Ex capital of the country and Britain’s oldest town. If it was in the USA they’d have marketed the fuck out of it but they don’t

Manchester airport
Liverpool airport
East Midlands airport
Doncaster airport
Leeds airport
Newcastle airport
Heathrow airport
Gatwick airport
Birmingham airport
Bristol airport

All of the above have flights out of this fucking miserable pissing down place.

Manchester airport
Liverpool airport
East Midlands airport
Doncaster airport
Leeds airport
Newcastle airport
Heathrow airport
Gatwick airport
Birmingham airport
Bristol airport

And into it.

Has anyone been to St Michael's Mount in Cornwall?
I've been to mont Saint Michel and it was an amazing place.
I don't expect it to be as impressive but it is somewhere I might check out next time I'm down that part of the country

We stayed just outside the village of Reeth, some good pubs there. I can't remember the name of the campsite but the views we had of Swaledale's rugged beauty were stunning. Pity about the weather though. We stayed there to fish the Swale but the wind and rain were too bad to fish when it became flooded. Half the time we were trying to keep the tent from becoming a big kite!
I love Reeth. Shame about the fishing though, I used to fish just downstream of Reeth at Marske priory. Caught my biggest Swale brownie there as well. A full pound and a half!

Manchester airport
Liverpool airport
East Midlands airport
Doncaster airport
Leeds airport
Newcastle airport
Heathrow airport
Gatwick airport
Birmingham airport
Bristol airport

So is your nose purple because of you being a miserable **** with high blood pressure pissed off with the shit weather. Or is it because you're a pisshead with a purple snout wanting to be in sunnier climes? ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.