Just for fun : who was our worst signing in the Premier League era ?

Bony followed by Mills, RSC, Charvet, Rodwell and Vuso. Mangala was OK but his two bad injuries are what really cost him. His passing wasn't great which is what cost him under Pep. But as a defender, he was better than OK.

I missed the Bury friendly but I did see him warming up on the touchline when we were losing at Wigan in the League Cup just before the last Maine Rd derby. I was puzzled then as to why he didn't give Vuoso a run after paying a decent fee for him.
Not sureif I'm remembering correctly but didnt Keegan want him to improve his english, and then sent him on loan to Mexico?

Not clicked the dirty link but wtf is Boateng on there, he was a very good signing, we just got shafted by the Munich rags. he hardly flopped after leaving did he!
Didnt we also get our money back or make a small profit on him, hardly the criteria for a flop. Probably wasnt helped by being played as a full back mainly instead of centre back.

Mcmanaman,Dabo, Mills and Seaman were all pretty bad but came as free transfers.
Going back Kernaghan and Clough cost decent money for us at the time and could be considered flops, as could Michael Frontzeck whose only memorable contribution was having a penalty awarded against him for no apparent reason.

RSC, Jo, Ben Haim and Mangala have to be amongst some of our worst ever value for money signings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.