Your ten "must see" places in England..

I love Reeth. Shame about the fishing though, I used to fish just downstream of Reeth at Marske priory. Caught my biggest Swale brownie there as well. A full pound and a half!
That's a good brownie mate, although I've probably done a bigger brownie whilst on the bog; )

I weighed up the fishing there but was told the barbel aren't in the Swale above Richmond weir. I'm considering going back for a few days in September to fish the Swale, and to be in such wonderful countryside of course.

So is your nose purple because of you being a miserable **** with high blood pressure pissed off with the shit weather. Or is it because you're a pisshead with a purple snout wanting to be in sunnier climes? ; )

The pissed off with shit weather wanting to be in sunnier climes and quite likely the miserable **** may all have a hint of truth.

That's a good brownie mate, although I've probably done a bigger brownie whilst on the bog; )

I weighed up the fishing there but was told the barbel aren't in the Swale above Richmond weir. I'm considering going back for a few days in September to fish the Swale, and to be in such wonderful countryside of course.
I haven’t fished at Richmond for 50 odd years but the highest that Barbel were found was Easby Abbey in the deep pool where the river bends. Had quite a few out of there on good old luncheon meat. Swale above Richmond used to be fly only but that may well have changed. Check out Charlie farly on YouTube for Swale barbel. Most of the stock seems to be further down the river these days. Let us know how u get on!

After London
Avebury
Bath
Stratford on Avon
Dawlish
Portsmouth
Windsor
The Lakes
Manchester
York
Durham Cathedral

Top of my list lately is Northumberland... I'll have a think about the other nine
Have you visited Chillingham castle/cattle? The cattle are a must visit. A centuries old breed of wild cattle. Untouched by humankind for a thousand years and the last remnants of the prehistoric cattle herds that once roamed the earth. They are white/ cream, can run at 35 mph and are aggressive as hell. You are taken out by a ranger for your safety. Superb if you are into natural history.

warwick castle
Sorry, but I think that has to be one of the worst places in England. A theme park designed purely to fleece tourists and parents.

It's a tragic waste; a beautiful castle that played a huge role in our history reduced to stalls selling plastic swords and numerous extra charges to access parts of the castle that other venues offer inclusively (basically, for £30 you can alk around the courtyard and watch a trebuchet being fired every few hours). If English Heritage or perhaps the National Trust ran it then it would be amazing, but instead Tussaud's have been allowed to crap all over it.

There is one redeeming feature, though: they re-use old unwanted celebrity wax works from Madame Tussauds on a lot of their displays which means, for example, you can find Russ Abbot playing the role of Richard Neville the Kingmaker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.