East Midlands airport
Doncaster airport
Leeds airport
Newcastle airport
Heathrow airport
Gatwick airport
Birmingham airport
Bristol airport

All of the above have flights out of this fucking miserable pissing down place.

Have you ever tried getting to, Doncaster, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol and Gatwick airports?
I have, all of them

Cheddar
St Ives (Cornwall)
the whole coast from Poole to Devon is stunning
the Peak district
Cotswold's
Londonium
Norfolk Broads
York
The New Forest
Arundel Castle

Sorry, but I think that has to be one of the worst places in England. A theme park designed purely to fleece tourists and parents.

It's a tragic waste; a beautiful castle that played a huge role in our history reduced to stalls selling plastic swords and numerous extra charges to access parts of the castle that other venues offer inclusively (basically, for £30 you can alk around the courtyard and watch a trebuchet being fired every few hours). If English Heritage or perhaps the National Trust ran it then it would be amazing, but instead Tussaud's have been allowed to crap all over it.

There is one redeeming feature, though: they re-use old unwanted celebrity wax works from Madame Tussauds on a lot of their displays which means, for example, you can find Russ Abbot playing the role of Richard Neville the Kingmaker.

Agree totally. It's a disgrace that it is owned by a private company. It's on my doorstep too. Kenilworth Castle is nearer still and is, arguably, better. English Heritage run it.

Battle Of Hastings site...not Battle town, but that's a long story...Crowhurst is the place, about as historic as it gets. 1066 and all that, changed this country.

Worth looking into.

I went into Westminster Abbey many, many years ago when it was free. A truly lovely experience. Now at 40 quid a pop they can stuff it.

I once did the Pillar round, in the Lakes (including Great Gable). The weather was sensational. Not a cloud in the sky, not too hot, you could see forever. Didn't want to come down. I was truly blessed. Blackpool Tower looked like you could just reach out and touch it. Same with Pen-y-Gent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.