Did any of our Academy get promoted to first team squad this year?

Cobwebcat

Team supported
Manchester City
just wondering if Garcia or THB replaced Kompany or if there were any more “Fodens” that came through or are we looking at next season now?

Last edited:
The guys that shone in preseason were Taylor Harwood-Bellis and Tommy Doyle, so I expect these guys will likely get the odd 5 minutes here and there.

I expect Eric Garcia to make more appearances than last season with us being a centre back down.

I also expect Ian Poveda to make a couple of appearances especially with Leroy Sane being injured.

I think Jayden Braaf has a higher ceiling than Poveda, but Poveda is further along in his development (not surprising seen as Poveda is 2 years older)

Adrian Bernabe looks like he will have a future in the game, but looks as though he will need some more time to settle into the English game.

I havent seen anything from Claudio Gomes to suggest he has a future in the Premier League nevermind City however I will admit I havent seen all that much of him.

Everyone else is a much of a muchness, some stick out like Frimpong, Dionkou, Bolton, Fiorini, Trafford, Tarensi, Delap, McNeill, F. Nmecha, but have yet to show any significant steps toward first team minutes this season.

I would expect a decent number to play in the league cup games over the course of the season but in reality we don't get Foden on enough and even with Sane/Mendy out long term we will still have senior pro's off the matchday 17 squad. So I doubt we will see a single one in a PL squad all season.

I would expect a decent number to play in the league cup games over the course of the season but in reality we don't get Foden on enough and even with Sane/Mendy out long term we will still have senior pro's off the matchday 17 squad. So I doubt we will see a single one in a PL squad all season.

Sad really particularly as we decided not to directly replace Kompany.

Given the squad has won the league for the last 2 years I guess it is what it is. We have very few weaknesses and therefore opportunities are few and far between.

This is of course true. I’m just hoping another Sancho doesn’t slip through the net through lack of playing time..he’s worth £90 million now.

This is of course true. I’m just hoping another Sancho doesn’t slip through the net through lack of playing time..he’s worth £90 million now.

Yes but we won the league. Even if he was here now i'm not 100% he would get much game time. Losing Sancho if we finished 4th and needed players like him would have been very bad, but it looks to me like we are all better off as we are. Good luck to him and I hope he can come back when things change.

Will depend on injuries

This nonsense again.

He didn't slip the net as we were well aware of his ability and potential.It was circumstance and personal choice that saw him leave.

Of course it will happen again,as impatience/ambition and money are all factors that will dictate such.It's disappointing for sure,but it's not as though such kids leaving our club is affecting our dominance or progress.

It's simply a case of 'shit happens'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.