UEFA Super cup Final 14th August

Just reminded me how much I despise that horrible bunch of cnuts.

I did enjoy the pre March build up when Skyshite interviewed 2 brothers. One a Chelsea fan and one a Liverpool fan. From Slovakia.

Why wasn't VAR used to check the last penalty, Adrian's feet were well off the line before the kick was taken.

The new rule really makes it difficult for keepers. the pundits were on about the quality of pens, but the keepers are fighting geometry. if Kepa had done the same, moved off the line early, he might have saved the two pens he got a hand on.

No issues with liverpool winning it, just the lack of consistency. Or did they all just want to get home by that point.

I don't think it's worth making an issue of the last pen. Didn't the Liverpool fans try and claim Bravo came off his line on the penalty he saved in the charity shield? As well as claiming Jesus should have had to retake his, even though there was nothing wrong with his run up by the laws of the game. I laughed at them then, so I'm fine with the pens here. It was a poor penalty, that he was probably going to save anyway. If anything, Keper should have already kept atleast one of the pens that he got a hand to, out before that.

For pens in general, going forward under VAR. Player encroachment is one thing but I think keepers should be given some leeway as long as they don't take liberties. Not sure what the rules actually say to the letter but that seems the fairest way.

Last edited:
I don't think it's worth making an issue of the last pen. Didn't the Liverpool fans try and claim Bravo came off his line on the penalty he saved in the charity shield? As well as claiming Jesus should have had to retake his, even though there was nothing wrong with his run up by the laws of the game. I laughed at them then, so I'm fine with the pens here. It was a poor penalty, that he was probably going to save anyway. If anything, Keper should have already kept atleast one of the pens that he got a hand to, out before that.

For pens in general, going forward under VAR. Player encroachment is one thing but I think keepers should be given some leeway as long as they don't take liberties. Not sure what the rules actually say to the letter but that seems the fairest way.

Should make a 2 yard line in front of the goal line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.