Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dipper logic today;

Did you see how those oil state murdering cheats celebrated beating us in the charity shield, it’s a friendly game! Just shows how small time they are. They’ll never be a big club like us United spurs Everton arsenal wolves or a leicester. I can’t wait till they die plastic chests

Yeah the jealous majority will say last night was a friendly, but it wasn’t. Just look at the way kloppo and the boys celebrated redmen, they get us! They don’t come here for money they genuinely love the city and the club. Look at yourselves in the mirror this morning red men and see we are a special lot, we don’t support a club like everyone else we are part of an institution built the right way. This is just the start redmen. It’s our year

I’ve just had to put out my own eyes after reading that.

I've always thought they're crying out for a creative midfielder, a Silva, De Bruyne type player, and been baffled for 2 seasons as they've not signed one.

After watching 2 games recently, i've realised why. They simply don't play with a midfield when attacking. They're just a tool to hunt down players when defending. They play old school percentages and pump it long, often Ballon D'ijk launching it over the top, hoping for a knock down and a nice bounce. It's hardly cutting edge football management.

Surprised at how easy teams are getting in behind too...

I've watched two live Liverpool games so far. Signs of encouragement there for City fans. I think they are going to regret not signing a midfielder or two.

I think the rags will be our title rivals this year in the way they finished 2nd and a country mile behind us in 2017-18. Watch this space.

I've watched two live Liverpool games so far. Signs of encouragement there for City fans. I think they are going to regret not signing a midfielder or two.
Yeah, their defence in particular looks dodgy, especially now they don't have their first choice keeper. Let's be honest, this is the worst Chelsea team for a long time, and even Norwich gave them trouble at the back at times. Which is weird, because that's the area that they looked strongest last season.

I still maintain that their problem will be their lack of depth in a season where they've not given their best players a proper rest in the summer. You could say the same with us playing Mahrez and Jesus so soon after their international tournaments, but the difference is that we can give those players a rest and bring in someone just as good if not better. If they want to give their front three a rest, they have to play Lallana, Origi and Shaqiri. The idea that they're going to win 6 trophies is laughable when we all saw them basically throw two away on purpose last season because they didn't have the squad to cope with four.

I've always thought they're crying out for a creative midfielder, a Silva, De Bruyne type player, and been baffled for 2 seasons as they've not signed one.

After watching 2 games recently, i've realised why. They simply don't play with a midfield when attacking. They're just a tool to hunt down players when defending. They play old school percentages and pump it long, often Ballon D'ijk launching it over the top, hoping for a knock down and a nice bounce. It's hardly cutting edge football management.
And yet it almost won them the league and got them a Champions League. It might not be sophisticated, but for some reason, too many teams aren't capable of stopping it.

And yet it almost won them the league and got them a Champions League. It might not be sophisticated, but for some reason, too many teams aren't capable of stopping it.

Very true, get centre backs and full backs to switch it deep into either channels and whilst the centre half try’s to cover the full back the other 2 in the front 3 are crashing the box and feeding on the chaos. It’s not as pretty and technical as what City do but it’s bloody effective.

Surprised at how easy teams are getting in behind too...
The Scouser's midfield objective is to win the ball and get it to their front 3 asap, pure and simple. To their credit Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson do this effectively, but there is no creativity and City's Midfield is a class above.

Sorry for the stupid question but what are the 7?

1. CShield
2. SuperCup
3. LeagueCup
4. PL
5. FACup
6. CL

What am I missing? Must be obvious. Sorry :-)
World club cup which fucks up their December fixtures rather well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.