Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike my JPBB fellow Spur, I am not privacy to the thoughts of Pochettino and Daniel Levy. I will go out on a limb and say it was because they thought it was best for the team going forward.

My last comment about this: you think he is at best a sub (you gave a like to Marvin's post above) and Levy and Pochettino know best. Fair enough.

I think we are going to batter you. And by that I mean we are going to try and outmuscle you in midfield, overwhelm you with our physicality or, in other words, try to kick you off the park. That is what Sissoko and Ndombele are there for. And i won't be surprised to see our nasty, snidey, little shit Lamela playing too. (Sadly Alli won't be fit enough to really piss you off with his cheating cocky ways).

We are not West Ham. We can play. And we will want to play in your half and we think we can win. Maybe this our year to beat you. We'll need a bit of luck but it is possible.

And you are right. It is a proper test for Rodri. Lets see how good he is.
No different to how you usually try and play at the Etihad

We unfortunately had to spend 1bn on a new stadium , you were given a new stadium ,and with the wealth or the Sheik could buy players . I’m a fan and can’t understand why our chairman Joe Lewis at 80+ with a fortune of 6bn , doesn’t just pay for the stadium and another 1bn for players , but that’s he difference between a real fan and a businessman .
We have done well with limited means , I don’t understand why City fans don’t accept we are batting well above our station and give us more credit
Having to spend 1b on a stadium because your club fucked up the London Stadium, Lewis and Levy are cheap skates,

A bit more pay back for the Champs league last year please the fact that Llorente's goal would not be allowed under the 2019/20 UEFA handball rules is even more galling , when you also add Spuds let the Dippers win the Champs league and the ensuing bullshit from Murkyside , then nothing less than a 5-0 win will suffice.

That would be lovely. I can still see Peter Barnes sitting Pat Jennings on his backside for the fifth goal in the 70's!

I’m not sure if you’re on some weird week long wind up, but this is just silly.

How the fuck can Spurs think they are better than City when we have finished miles above you, have won multiple trophies to your none, and beat you almost every time we meet?

We all know that we have a game on our hands on Saturday and that spurs are the “best of the rest” and could easily cause an upset, but you are coming across as an absolute tool.

Well it is feels like that but that was not the intention. It developed into a rather esoteric discussion about the mindset of top sportsman and Deli Alli in particular.

In short, the point I am making is that Spurs will come to your place believing they can win, believing they are as good as players as the City players and are as good as a team. They will believe they are fitter. They will believe that they are a lucky team, they will believe that the opposition think they are dirty team, and the opposition fear that they will cheat. And that will make the opposition uncomfortable. Whether that confidence and those beliefs are justified is, I accept, a matter for debate.

They will have a plan which will not be to sit deep, hope for the best, hit the ball long and get a flukey goal on the break, it will be that they will want to dominate physically, in possession and in territory. They will trust the system. And that will be how they win, In particular they might target Rodri and/or Fernandinho. Sissoko and Ndombele will feel that they are more physical and could overwhelm them.

Will it work? Who knows? We might still lose 5-0 again. But this time I think there is a change in mindset and a genuine belief we could win. And deserve to win.

And for the record - I acknowledge that last year you won lots of trophies and had lots more points than Spurs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.