Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I agree with most of what you say, Klopp has been there four years, if he wanted to play any different he would have done it by now. So, basically I'm disagreeing that he is adapting to the players he has got.
He played a much more pass and move game at Dortmund. Their double-winning team was also built on great fullbacks but it also had a lot more midfield creativity with Gundogan, Goetze, and Kagawa (when he was good!) I think Klopp is getting the best out of the squad he has got at Liverpool. For example Henderson and Milner are not world-beaters but have been outstanding in recent seasons. I agree that he has a basic template of what he calls "rock'n roll football" but he does adapt to circumstances, like all top managers.

Yeah, their defence in particular looks dodgy, especially now they don't have their first choice keeper. Let's be honest, this is the worst Chelsea team for a long time, and even Norwich gave them trouble at the back at times. Which is weird, because that's the area that they looked strongest last season.

I still maintain that their problem will be their lack of depth in a season where they've not given their best players a proper rest in the summer. You could say the same with us playing Mahrez and Jesus so soon after their international tournaments, but the difference is that we can give those players a rest and bring in someone just as good if not better. If they want to give their front three a rest, they have to play Lallana, Origi and Shaqiri. The idea that they're going to win 6 trophies is laughable when we all saw them basically throw two away on purpose last season because they didn't have the squad to cope with four.

They look worse defensively because they’re playing much higher. For me, they’re playing much higher because they’re already knackered and they know it. They’ve had to make the pitch smaller for their press. I don’t think they believe they can repeat last season’s energy levels without new players.

Or, in true Liverpool fashion, they may well have believed all their own hype and believe Van Dijk can do everything. Two games in would suggest he’s not what we were all told without sitting deep and three work horses in front of him.

So what the fuck is Klopp doing this season then ?

We should have been several goals up, even half fit, then Norwich should have scored several & now Chelsea could have had several.

Van Dijk is blundering around like he has no idea what the fuck is going on & the fullbacks are shite.

If they keep this up, Mo will need some serious V.A.R. to keep them involved all season.

This is NOT a matchday post, it's about Liverpoool's tactics.
Burnout I reckon.

Enjoyed this from RAWK this morning;

It all goes in cycles mate. Teams like this come and go. Look at Chelsea - won everything for a few years and then are slowly disappearing back to their level. The same will happen to city. The only clubs that consistently stay at or near the top are the clubs that have been huge for many years - Us, United and Arsenal. Outside of those 3 you have other 'big' clubs but none who have the staying power to be there for decades (Spurs, Everton, Villa etc)

City will fall back into no mark territory in a few years. Mark my words.
"huge for many years" in particular tickled me, considering they have won about 10 trophies in the past 20 years. Massive.

Enjoyed this from RAWK this morning;

"huge for many years" in particular tickled me, considering they have won about 10 trophies in the past 20 years. Massive.
Given all 3 clubs they've named as having staying power have disappeared into the wilderness for decades at a time as well.

Well after watching last night and the previous two games for them, one thing is for certain for me.

Southampton away as a 3pm kickoff will see someone getting injured.

They were in bits by the end of yesterdays game. They can't keep this pace up so early!

I've always thought they're crying out for a creative midfielder, a Silva, De Bruyne type player, and been baffled for 2 seasons as they've not signed one.

After watching 2 games recently, i've realised why. They simply don't play with a midfield when attacking. They're just a tool to hunt down players when defending. They play old school percentages and pump it long, often Ballon D'ijk launching it over the top, hoping for a knock down and a nice bounce. It's hardly cutting edge football management.

Surprised at how easy teams are getting in behind too...
They play 2 defence at CB with shield of 3 DM in front. The FB become "wingers" to support 3 forwards.
FB drop back to support defence when under pressure.
Attacks are kick-chase with FB legging it to join attack.
Hence VVD being the bestest ever everest CB when he's only doing half a job.

Heavy metal football, no lead guitarist required. Drums, bass, rythmn all as loud as possible, no solos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.