does anybody know where you can buy an A4 size bag ? Cant find one anywhere...Most sports stadiums now setting this as standard as well as other events. Could be a good business plan to take up on "Dragons".

Bought a new jacket last week in mind thinking could wear it at footy, made sure it had lots of deep pockets with zips. Also those winter type padded coats are good because a ham sandwich in the top pocket looks like quilted fabric. A good protein snack is a hard boiled egg down the front of your kecks, just double check it is hard boiled and not a raw one by accident. Half the fun these days of going to games is seeing what you can get in the stadium.

Do sympathise with you, times have changed rules come in but just bend round it rather than give up the game and miss seeing all these trophies. Although sometimes it gets to the point where you think right "ive taken all I can stands and can stands it no longer".

This is the one we were shown at the safety briefing on monday https://shop.mancity.com/stores/man...ty-crest-backpack/232536?categories=equipment although it was empty an looked much smaller They said not a4 exact but anything that will fit under the seat that will not cause a trip hazard.

Totally agree re matchday prices. Having previously having a ST for 28 years up until about 2005 and then attending a lot more regularly over the last few seasons i tried to get a ST again this season but they sold out in less than 10 mins. I then purchased a few tickets for the coming season in CB3 at an initial cost per game of £61.50 for the rags liverpool and Norwich before getting pissed off navigating through the system to purchase more and gave up. I have now bit the bullet and purchased a ST in Joes that works out at an extra £27 per game than the above prices but with all the extra benefits to me in my eyes represents much better value.
Do you not have to still be on the waiting list for an ST in Joes? Or do you mean the normal STs had sold out in 10 mins?

Do you not have to still be on the waiting list for an ST in Joes? Or do you mean the normal STs had sold out in 10 mins?
Normal STs had sold out in less than 10 mins and it took me 54 mins to get through to be told this. I had already enquired about Joes previously so when some later became available after missing out on a general one i decided to go for it.

When I first spoke to them I wasn't making a complaint, I was just being honest in telling them that I couldn't get the things that I need for a matchday into a bag as small as the maximum dimensions of the one they had emailed to warn me about. In discussion with them I mentioned sandwiches & flask and they went off like a bunch of pantomime dames about how that wasn't allowed and how important it was to respect the profitability of their sales points and how the security on my gate would be spoken to so that it wasn't allowed to happen again.
I think that I would've carried on and chanced my luck, but they'd told me that they'd make sure that the security on my gate wouldn't allow it again. I knew that everyone did it (I'd always done it and thought it was perfectly acceptable because it had always been pefectly accepted), so the sudden knowledge of the ban, made very personal to me, felt like a threat targetting me specifically because it was said to me in a manner specifically about me and particular to my gate of entry.
You need to give them your supporter number, and ergo seat number & gate of entry, to be able to speak to them. They made a point of refering to my gate and my seat so often in discussions such that it felt like they were making a point of it.
I'd always loved the build up to home games especially but I could just imagine going through my matchday routine; pack the flask & sandwiches, pack the 2 lucky scarves & hat, ride the bike up to the stadium in the pissing rain, lock the bike up, struggle out of the high viz waterproofs & stuff them in my bag, queue up for 20 minutes or more - all excited about the game . . . . and then find out that they'd acted on their very clear threat and I get refused at the gate . . or even worse, be sat in my seat having a brew or eating a butty and then I get turfed out by a steward who's been sent to my seat (walking past many others using flasks, eating homemade cake etc.) to deal with me specifically - as they said they would.
Nah, there comes a point when you've had your fill so you wipe your mouth and leave the table - I'd had my fill of 'supporter services', they'd broadsided my matchday experience by making it something that I'd anticipate with dread rather than keen anticipation. . . so I sacked it. It wasn't a nice experience but it wasn't a major life trauma and I'm happy that I gave my card back and wrestled a refund back off them under the circumstances. It's not even a matter that I'd usually dwell on, so long after the fact, but I got the call from City, related it to their guy and then, being reminded of it and being intrigued by the call from City, I put it up on here as an example to coax other peoples experiences out of them.
Lot's of kind people have suggested solutions to my histoic situation, and I thank them dearly for being so lovely, but I wasn't ever looking for a solution to that situation because I solved the matter to my own satisfaction by walking away from it some considerable time ago, and I'm still happy with that decision.

I think the problem is your too honest, think to much about things , and defo talk to much ;-)..
I’d think most of us see the owners and everyone affiliated with the club from the bod who mops the toilets to the sheikh himself as custodians. It’s our club and they may make some rules but it’s up to us to bend them and them to implement therm where needed.

I’ve watched football as I’ve seen fit since the early 80s.. taking a couple of cans in as a teen and through my 20s .. having a half tone spliff through the 90s 00s .. doing a line through the 00s and having a smoke on the turrets to present day.. it’s our experience and as long as your not bothering anyone else then Just enjoy it.. no need to ask them for permission and they probably would rather not have known In the 1st place..
You shouldn’t have walked away , you should have got militant, even if it was only a sandwich and a flask ..

does anybody know where you can buy an A4 size bag ? Cant find one anywhere...Most sports stadiums now setting this as standard as well as other events. Could be a good business plan to take up on "Dragons".

Bought a new jacket last week in mind thinking could wear it at footy, made sure it had lots of deep pockets with zips. Also those winter type padded coats are good because a ham sandwich in the top pocket looks like quilted fabric. A good protein snack is a hard boiled egg down the front of your kecks, just double check it is hard boiled and not a raw one by accident. Half the fun these days of going to games is seeing what you can get in the stadium.

Do sympathise with you, times have changed rules come in but just bend round it rather than give up the game and miss seeing all these trophies. Although sometimes it gets to the point where you think right "ive taken all I can stands and can stands it no longer".

You got a waterproof one with your season ticket that can double up as a wash bag ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.