Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds nice, but ultimately he doesn't owe us anything. Just like we don't owe him anything.

Decent players do it, Gundogan did it at Dortmund, Delph did it at Villa, both had opportunities to not renew and walk for free but both renewed and helped their respective clubs out.

Love how the German press seem to think City have no say and will take whatever they are given for him. Hope he decides he wants to stay with more time to reflect and the way Bayern have behaved.

If he still wants to leave, he should sign an extension while City nurse him back to health. To make sure the club who believed in him, brought him to the PL and built him up to this level, get from Bayern what is only right.
I'm thinking of starting a charity for something. Please post your bank account number, sort code, the long number on the front of your card, and the threenumbers on the back.
Keep the faith friend.

I'd seriously consider selling if Bayern are still willing to fork out £100m+

1.) He'll have little impact on our season given he's going to be out until March and will take time after that to get back up to speed.
2.) He'll be entering the final year of his contract next summer and we'd sell him anyway at that point if he isn't renewing. We can at least get more value whilst he has two years remaining.
3.) Whilst players can and generally do recover following knee ligament injuries, it isn't always a guarantee and can cause reoccurring issues throughout his career. Especially for a player that relies on speed/physicality like Leroy. See Mendy as an example.
4.) No transfer ban for 2020, meaning there isn't the concern of being caught short should we need to purchase anyone. Sancho is a realistic replacement and we can reinvest the money gained from Sane.

It's a shit situation all round and I'd obviously love to keep Leroy, but if he still isn't looking like he's going to renew and Bayern are still interested, it makes more sense than it did before in my eyes.

I would just check out one final time
Leroy.. do you want to stay here with access to the world renowned Dr R Cugat etc if so sign this ... no ok .. well that’s a bit upsetting but do you want to go to the German Rags just tell us yes or fucking no. Ja Oder Nein ffs!
If he wants to stay he has to go public if he wants to go we say in the media That Bayern must pay (whatever) we will not respond any further. I know it won’t happen like this and I get why it’s just fucking irritating.

Decent players do it, Gundogan did it at Dortmund, Delph did it at Villa, both had opportunities to not renew and walk for free but both renewed and helped their respective clubs out.

This doesn't wash with me. Players don't sign anything to help clubs out. If they sign contracts it is because they think it is their best option and nothing more. Anything else is fan delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.