******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Aussie fielders it’s noticeable how many have plasters around their fingers, Warner in every finger and some it across palms. Surely this helps catching the ball, is there not a rule about it
The sticky helps pick up dirt and rough up the ball....

Boycott:
Stokes tried to sweep from off the stumps. The balls that have turned and bounced have got in his head. The bowler has contributed a great deal to that misdirected shot.

So basically, he's been done up like a kipper by canny bowling.

I wonder if Leach can do the same.

I wonder if he can fucking bat again, as most of these can't.

I think most England players would be better off just playing with the same attitude as a 20 over game, as they can't defend against anything anymore.

If this pitch stays the same though, & Archer bowls as he can, there might be some fun & games.

I think we'll need close to 300 to be competitive in this game.

Unfortunately, such a score is a long way off.

I wonder if he can fucking bat again, as most of these can't.

I think most England players would be better off just playing with the same attitude as a 20 over game, as they can't defend against anything anymore.

If this pitch stays the same though, & Archer bowls as he can, there might be some fun & games.

It certainly seems to have some bounce in it. Archer's going to hit a few.

I agree, not many seem to be able to defend properly with a straight bat, or in some cases play straight at all. Buttler's shot was horrible. Some years ago, England went out to hammer the bowling and occasionally got 400 or nearly that many on day one - not sure why that's changed.

I agree, not many seem to be able to defend properly with a straight bat, or in some cases play straight at all. Buttler's shot was horrible. Some years ago, England went out to hammer the bowling and occasionally got 400 or nearly that many on day one - not sure why that's changed.

Decent openers who could do both & KP ?

Havent posted on here yet this test. All that is worth saying is that with Joffra in both teams should be fairly similar in terms of bowling attack. The difference comes down to teh batting line ups where both are mediocre except for 1 player.

The only positive here is that if England can get that 1 player out cheap than this is an even match up.

I suggested similar in the first test and got ridiculed. They seem to get out by trying to not get out.

Play a more natural free scoring game and maybe the pressure would swing back on the bowlers.

I suggested similar in the first test and got ridiculed. They seem to get out by trying to not get out.

Play a more natural free scoring game and maybe the pressure would swing back on the bowlers.

Roy employed that strategy and lasted three balls....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.