Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Bolton takeover ain't going ahead - the prospective buyer has been blocked. Time to revisit the ground share me reckons, and that's Gigg Lane not the ReebokMacronUniversityOfBolton Stadium.

Football,like all things in life evolves through time.
When I was a schoolboy the following teams were in the Football League(usually 3rd or 4th Division.)
1- Workington Town
2- Barrow
3- Southport
4-Bradford Park Avenue
5- Stockport County(in the FL until much more recently tbf)
So basically Bury and to a lesser extent Bolton Wanderers have failed to adapt to 21st century football conditions and have ultimately paid the consequence for not evolving like other teams have done successfully.
They have become football dinosaurs,and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

I don't know the full SP, but hopefully the owner will accept this new offer, and sell the club and let the club move on.

Football,like all things in life evolves through time.
When I was a schoolboy the following teams were in the Football League(usually 3rd or 4th Division.)
1- Workington Town
2- Barrow
3- Southport
4-Bradford Park Avenue
5- Stockport County(in the FL until much more recently tbf)
So basically Bury and to a lesser extent Bolton Wanderers have failed to adapt to 21st century football conditions and have ultimately paid the consequence for not evolving like other teams have done successfully.
They have become football dinosaurs,and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.
Those top four in list were voted out in the old system, whereby you had to plead for votes from others to stay in league if you finished in bottom four

I have mixed feelings on this. It's like the death of the high street due to online shopping. Can football sustain so many clubs? Riches at the top level has never been so high and the wealthiest clubs are constantly looking at ways to increase their revenue and fanbase. Worldwide audiences only want to watch the top clubs. If we want to keep the smaller clubs alive for their community and sentimental value then more money has to trickle down but I can't see that happening. I'm not sure what the answer is.

Another parr of me remembers the delight these clubs showed when we were on the bones of our arse and thinks tough shit.

I'd love to but wouldn't the balance of nature be disrupted thus causing an irreversible fluctuation in the predefined order of evolution?

I feel sorry for the fans - as we know its them that suffer most.
Still, the point about us and or utd bailing them out would set a president and every club in trouble would come to the biggest cap in hand.

I think they're fucked but I refuse to feel guilty about it even if they're only 2 mile down the road from me, its the clubs own fault.

It’s the fault of the previous chairman, of previous no connection to the club, who has now run off leaving it in the hands of what appears to be a spiteful avaricious madman.

In the end any football club is the fans, not people like these two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.