Do you have a favourite ever goal?

For me it's Andy May's goal against Charlton ( City's 2nd in the 5:1 promotion game 1985) It's nothing special but as always stuck in my mind seeing it from the Kippax and not on the tv angle from the main stand. Just seemed too just float into the top corner from where I was standing .
Last time scored from a corner :)

Jim Melrose v Notts County,such a shame there is no t v footage.
Definitely the most spectacular one I've seen.

Hard to choose just one from 50-odd years watching City, but I loved Kun's cool finish against Liverpool a few years back for its sheer cheek and the technical excellence.

It's so difficult because there's been so many, but for me, it might very well be this one:

It's just absolute perfection. The movement, skill, vision, crispness of passing, weight of passing, sheer genius. It's just awesome. That last touch from Silva - absolute gooseflesh.

(And 93:30 doesn't count ;-) Too obvious)

That goal is a thing of beauty and it is nearly as good as the one Bill Leivers scored against, can't remember which, Bury or Swindon. He was clearly pissed off with miserable performances in front of him for nigh on the whole game, took the ball from his own penalty area, dribbled the length of Maine Road and performed the perfect 'banana' kick into the corner! From then on he was known on the North Stand as 'Banana Foot'!

So many to choose from as I’m starting to get on a big. However

Any goal vs the Rags is special, though Vinnies in the 1-0 was probably the one, followed by Mario and Dzeko in the 6-1 then Lakeys piss take in the 5-1

Add to that Tueart 76 LC Final
Kinky vs Soton
Dickov vs Gillingham
Hartford vs Swansea I think with a cheeky free kick in 82-83
Yaya vs Villa
All of Dzeko 4 against Spuds as I hate those twunts nearly as much as the Rags

Also worthy of note

Foden vs Spuds was emotional

The FA Cup run in 81.Paul Power at Goodison Park to make it 2-2.Paul Power again at Villa Park in the semi. Tommy Hutchison's header in the final and Steve Mackenzie in the replay. Absolute belters!

That goal is a thing of beauty and it is nearly as good as the one Bill Leivers scored against, can't remember which, Bury or Swindon. He was clearly pissed off with miserable performances in front of him for nigh on the whole game, took the ball from his own penalty area, dribbled the length of Maine Road and performed the perfect 'banana' kick into the corner! From then on he was known on the North Stand as 'Banana Foot'!

Funny! Just looked up my records and can't find a shred that says Bill scored against either of those, nor got an equaliser against anyone. Must have dreamt it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.