Fuck me, no wonder the atmosphere is shit at times.

According to this thread, a quarter of the crowd spend all of the first half salivating about the prospect of their half time picnic hamper.
A quarter spend the first 15 minutes of the second half licking the remains of their home made rice crispie cakes off their fingers.
And another quarter can't go through any two hour period in their life without scoffing a packed lunch and are presumably too fat to jump up and cheer, and are either wedged in their seat or scared of aggravating their angina.
Meanwhile many of the final quarter are more interested in their half time smoke or line.
Is there anyone left who goes to the match who doesnt have what they ingest as their first priority and gets all anxious without it?

Any club's support will always be in state of change to a greater or lesser extent. Two guys (now good mates) who have sat near me since the stadium opened won't be there next season. One guy has a long term Spanish girlfriend who works in Manchester, but not for much longer. She's returning to Spain and he's going with her - marriage on the cards (seasoncard not renewed). The other guy's got a job in the States for a year - goes in September (keeping the seasoncard going though). These situations occur from time to time, and someone looking to relocate seats can take advantage. So in a year when it appears easier to relocate, it doesn't mean fan numbers are dwindling - it's the natural dynamic of a large group of human beings.

Fuck me, no wonder the atmosphere is shit at times.

According to this thread, a quarter of the crowd spend all of the first half salivating about the prospect of their half time picnic hamper.
A quarter spend the first 15 minutes of the second half licking the remains of their home made rice crispie cakes off their fingers.
And another quarter can't go through any two hour period in their life without scoffing a packed lunch and are presumably too fat to jump up and cheer, and are either wedged in their seat or scared of aggravating their angina.
Meanwhile many of the final quarter are more interested in their half time smoke or line.
Is there anyone left who goes to the match who doesnt have what they ingest as their first priority and gets all anxious without it?

It would be a sad world if your day only consisted of watching 22 blokes kick a bag of wind around a stretch of lawn . What do you do at HT ? Listen to the delights of the goon with the mike talking you through some fat blokes running round s mop handle then trying to kick a ball straight !! Or do you go for s pint whilst the others are doing what you have mentioned .. -/

I think the problem is your too honest, think to much about things , and defo talk to much ;-)..
I’d think most of us see the owners and everyone affiliated with the club from the bod who mops the toilets to the sheikh himself as custodians. It’s our club and they may make some rules but it’s up to us to bend them and them to implement therm where needed.

I’ve watched football as I’ve seen fit since the early 80s.. taking a couple of cans in as a teen and through my 20s .. having a half tone spliff through the 90s 00s .. doing a line through the 00s and having a smoke on the turrets to present day.. it’s our experience and as long as your not bothering anyone else then Just enjoy it.. no need to ask them for permission and they probably would rather not have known In the 1st place..
You shouldn’t have walked away , you should have got militant, even if it was only a sandwich and a flask ..

Thanks for your kind response, you're a good bloke and I appreciate your thoughts.
I did always swerve issues if I knew that issues were there to be swerved - I'm not totally daft when it comes to getting stuff where the rules say they shouldn't be. I've taken a hip flask in at Christmas and even had a few good halftimes on the ramps when a bit younger (though not smoking tobacco). I have an appreciation of where risk and reward reside and if I do anything risky then I do so with my thoughts towards the risk / reward scenario.
I know what you mean about taking 'them' on on a weekly basis (smuggling my flask and butties into the ground and stuff was certainly a consideration), but a flask and butties aren't class B drugs, dangerous weapons or contraband of any kind - they're not a reward to to sneaked into a public space under summer skies. They're just the stuff that normal working class people take along with them because they can't afford the daft prices for hot food available out of doors. In the same way that I'd take my own butties and flask to work - to avoid paying canteen prices that I couldn't afford - as I have done so in extreme high security situations (I took sandwiches on to US and British military sites, british nuclear fuels research sites, nuclear power plants, into drug research labs etc. and they were vetted and fine to have!).
I'm knocking 60 and I'm too old to be sneaking about with a secret cup of coffee hidden in my pocket only because some heartless twat would rather that I went thirsty than that they lost a little tiny bit of profit that they could otherwise bleed out of me while I'm watching a football team that I've personally kept afloat (along with many thousands of good friends) through the tough times before they ever got involved.
I'm no saint and I'm sure that my present situation is due to a combination of supporter services being the twats they are and me being too long in the tooth to suffer fools. I'm not suggesting that others take me as an example of how to deal with stuff like that. Just relaying how I managed that particularly miserable, but nevertheless very small episode, that happened a long while ago. I'm happy that I've applied my principles as I saw fit, I'd do the same again under the same circumstances, but y'all should do whatever fits best with yourselves.
And big thanks again to Blingy. Cheers fella.

Last edited:
That’s got to be bigger then A4... A4 is the size of a peace of paper for a printer .. about a hand and half .,

for the umpteenth time the measurements city send out as maximum allowed size last season and this are A3 not A4 :) So that's 2 sheets paper, more than big enough! Food... that's another matter ;) Though i do get where the OP is coming from in that it can be the way you are talked to can make the world of difference.

Back on topic. I have been away for 3 days, just got in and my missus tells me City have rung me. I went and grabbed my boots but as I was looking for my shin pads she told me they were offering corporate deals. It seems that rather than say ring back on Friday she told them I wasn't interested and couldn't afford it. I assume that is what the OP was meaning about a phone call from City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.