Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby should be starting, he did more than enough against West Ham and he will run the spurs back like ragged.... the important decision is centrally, just hoping fern is ready as he’ll be the difference

It's important to keep Jesus and Mahrez's momentum as well. If they bust their gut and play brilliantly only to go straight back to the bench next game then they'll quickly lose spirit. Dzeko still talks about being benched after scoring 4 as being one of the worst moments of his career

Pep choosing Fern or Rodri will tell us a lot about how the rest of the season will go IMO.

Spurs are a good side and will attack us again and again, can definitely see us conceding a couple we just have to outscore them. 3-2 City. Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Stones, Laporte, Rodri, De Bruyne, D.Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus.
Subs: Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Gundogan, Foden, B.Silva, Aguero.
It’s going to be tough for them to “attack us again and again” when we are dominating possession. They will have chances but it won’t be the Alamo as you suggest.

Spurs are a good side and will attack us again and again, can definitely see us conceding a couple we just have to outscore them. 3-2 City. Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Stones, Laporte, Rodri, De Bruyne, D.Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus.
Subs: Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Gundogan, Foden, B.Silva, Aguero.

Spurs attacking us again and again? They will park their bus and hope to score on the counter until we are 2-0 up. They’re without Son who seems to channel all his ability against us, then forgets what a ball looks like against the dippers and rags.

Be interesting to see if Pochetino doesn't start, Vertonghan, Eriksson, Son and Alli. I know 2 of the four are injured and suspended but that's their 4 of 5 best players last year. Something doesnt feel right about their camp at the moment. Ndombele doesn't make up for a missing Eriksson. Sure, Spurs are a good side and their win in the CL at their place proves they can turn us over, although I felt tactically Pep got that one wrong and we missed a penalty and defended poorly for Sons goal. In the Etihad CL game 2 unlikely errors by Laporte gifted Moura and Son 2 goals. We certainly won't make the same mistakes particularly at home and Son is a massive miss for them. This City team should beat that Spurs side 9 times out of 10. But football doesn't always work out like that.
Having said that I expect us to dominate the ball and win the game. I think we'll move the ball quickly away from Sissoko and Ndombele in cenral areas where Spurs are strong and attack their flanks. Should be a good game but in the last 3 games there's been 1 goal between the sides. I don't expect this to any different.

Really?

So when Lawro, the fuck-wit Jim White and 100 of his mates say we can't win, that's it? And my differing opinion makes me and anyone else (including, I hope, everyone at Spurs) deluded?

I appreciate City have every right to be confident but dismissing Spurs as having no chance in 100 is... err.. quite surprising.

Are you just trolling? I didn't say you can't win, nor did I even imply it. Read my post again.

I said you were an inferior team with inferior players, contrary your assertion that despite you having won fuck all for 20 years and finishing 27 (28 was it, I can't recall) points behind us last season, that you are just as good as us and can beat us "all things being equal", at our home.

Honestly it's a ridiculous assertion. Of course you *could* win, but not unless either we have an absolute shocker and you play out of your skins, and/or there's some flukes or the (not so unusual) refereeing howlers. You could win, but not because you are as good as we are; patently you are not.

When Frank Bruno fought Mike Tyson, everyone said Bruno could win, but no-one said Bruno was just as good a fighter as MIke Tyson. Bruno got his arse kicked, btw.

Gabby should be starting, he did more than enough against West Ham and he will run the spurs back like ragged.... the important decision is centrally, just hoping fern is ready as he’ll be the difference
I forgot about Dhino, I think Rodri will be an excellent signing, but if Dhino is fit then I would be tempted to bring him in. Amazing the options we have both in players and formations. Glad Son is not fit, but they are still a decent side and will provide a tough test

Bernardo had a slight injury concern against West Ham, so if fully fit can see him replacing Merlin. Pep may bring Kun back in at the expense of Gabby, apart from that same side as last week. Difficult game and we need a fast tempo from the start, let's hope VAR is on our side on Saturday.
Really can't see Pep dropping Dave in a big game, considering he's had a full weeks rest and we're not into the tough part of the season with games all the time. We'll have to see i suppose.

It's important to keep Jesus and Mahrez's momentum as well. If they bust their gut and play brilliantly only to go straight back to the bench next game then they'll quickly lose spirit.

Absolutely 100% correct. But without wishing to re-boot a controversy that’s probably run its course now, that’s exactly what’s happened to Leroy several times over the last couple of seasons, in my view.

Really?

So when Lawro, the fuck-wit Jim White and 100 of his mates say we can't win, that's it? And my differing opinion makes me and anyone else (including, I hope, everyone at Spurs) deluded?

I appreciate City have every right to be confident but dismissing Spurs as having no chance in 100 is... err.. quite surprising.
Bit different from

A Spurs playing well
B Spurs getting a result

And outplaying City at the Etihad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.