Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s bloody good in at least two positions. Personally, I don’t remember him turning in a bad performance wherever he was playing. Medium to long term, though, I think he’ll move into midfield. I’ll follow you on that.
He's Messi in disguise. Just get him on the ball near the penalty area.

Well if you hadn't noticed, KDB is back now...

He won POTY nomination based on being on the RW for the second half of the season. IMO his biggest strengths are his pressing of defenders, running people backwards into their own box and linking up on the edge of the box - RW lets him do those things a lot more.
Tbh i think his game evolved a lot more in the middle, the energy in the middle that he provided was something that Kevin does a bit but his was more constant, whereas Kev does it in bursts. I suppose we can agree he's amazing.

Tbh i think his game evolved a lot more in the middle, the energy in the middle that he provided was something that Kevin does a bit but his was more constant, whereas Kev does it in bursts. I suppose we can agree he's amazing.
You think back to some of his best games and he played in the middle. His workrate, tenacity to win the ball back and his ability to break between the lines shocked plenty of teams last season and for me showed he is incredibly effective in there. Liverpool at home is one that sticks out in my memory.

You think back to some of his best games and he played in the middle. His workrate, tenacity to win the ball back and his ability to break between the lines shocked plenty of teams last season and for me showed he is incredibly effective in there. Liverpool at home is one that sticks out in my memory.
That's how i saw it tbh, but others seem to have seen it a little differently. I personally don't think he's as effective on the right, i loved how he completely changed the game in the cup (albeit against inferior opposition) on the left side but i'm not convinced we get the best out of him on the wings. But we'll have to see which direction Pep goes, i have all faith in him.

Absolutely no way Bernardo doesn’t start tomorrow. Mahrez was great last week but Bernardo is one of our best players and has to start. KDB and David Silva will play in the 8s.

For Bernardo as an individual, his best position would offer him more freedom, and would not be a wide RW role.
One of his major strengths is incredible stamina and general running ability.
What would be perfect for him though is not necessarily perfect for this team.
He has the skills and adaptability to be equally brilliant in a number of roles within this team. I have watched him in a free role for the National team on occasions and he has looked incredible.

Contrary to others on here I’m totally not fuzzed about the starting 11. Ok, Ederson being the exception.

Imho Spurs will finish in the top 4 and therefore this is a huge encounter. Our record vs others top 6 teams is very good. So let’s hope that continues and let the Etihad be the fortress. 3 points is all expect though.

Same here, but Dave has the experience and always seems to start for Pep. I can't remember which game last season that KDB and Bernardo played together as 8's. but IIRC it wasn't a great performance? Maybe my memory is wrong.

Leicester away, lost 1-2, red card Fab.
Bernardo and KDB only once started together as being our RIGHT AMs, that's why.

Dave mostly starting doesn't necessarily mean Pep values him over other players.
I think "old" Dave normally starts to be regularly subbed off later on for intensity reasons, whenever it's time. Like Sergio.

With our incredible depth on the bench Pep has to be spot on with his 3 subs,
not to speak about the decision pre match which good players won't even sit on the bench!
For now it's only 2 players (likely Angelino and Foden), as Mendy and Leroy are out.

Kids like Garcia et al only have a chance for EFL or FA cup matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.