Away tickets

I don't have a problem with the supporters branch for what it brings to those that follow city. The branches are good and bring people together to go to home matches and were lucky away matches together. Friendships and relationships are made that move on from just football. The big problem I have with supporters branches are the amount that pop up in a certain area. 1 Branch for each area in some places you literally have 4 branches in a 5 mile radius.

I think you may find Kevin will state its up to each branch how the allocate the tickets. That has been his stock answer in the past.

I'm sure it is but, to the best of my knowledge, the person the branch allocates the ticket to is the person who must use it. If someone from a branch who has been allocated a ticket is found to have passed it on then the branch stands to lose any future allocation.

What is the argument for Supporters Clubs getting an allocation of tickets?
Most reasons I can see can be sorted by the friends and family linking of groups on the ticket website. Maybe they supporters clubs need to move with the times, and utilise this feature than slag others off.

I agree with around 90% of that

The original supporters clubs (for all teams) would have been organised to provide cheaper travel, at a time when few supporters owned cars.
They also provided an opportunity for inter-branch social interaction in the form of darts/pool/quiz competitions.
It's also forgotten that until the Keegan era, it wasn't that uncommon for a player to visit a branch.

However, the football demographic has since changed, so whilst the old First Division average attendances were considerably lower than the stadium capacities, we now face a situation whereby virtually every Premier League team take 3,000 to every away game. The clubs are less dependant on the match attending fans, which is particularly ironic, as the demand for match tickets has never been so high.

Where I disagree slightly is the allocation of tickets for supporters clubs who still run coaches to away games.
Somebody keeps mentioning the Blackpool branch, and personally, I don't have a problem with a few extra tickets being allocated, so that a coach can be filled, mainly because we're talking about less than 1% of the total allocation.

I'm sure it is but, to the best of my knowledge, the person the branch allocates the ticket to is the person who must use it. If someone from a branch who has been allocated a ticket is found to have passed it on then the branch stands to lose any future allocation.
There will be a lot of branches losing there allocation after the next away match then.

There will be a lot of branches losing there allocation after the next away match then.

And rightly so if they're abusing the system. I see an awful lot on here about supporters clubs and generally keep my own counsel but the vast majority of what I read doesn't reflect what happens at the branch I'm a member of.

Can anybody verify this has ever happened? By that I mean a supporters club, that have lost allocation of future tickets because tickets have not been allocated to the correct person out outside the supporters club.
]

Can anybody verify this has ever happened? By that I mean a supporters club, that have lost allocation of future tickets because tickets have not been allocated to the correct person out outside the supporters club.
]

I don't know if it has happened and maybe our branch is different from others but we, as a group, get reminded of our obligations with regards to tickets obtained through the branch at virtually every meeting.

Chappie established in 1955 paid for every ticket I've had.
Helped thousands with travel without the aid of the supporters clubs and handouts from the club.
Sf family went to their first game at Hyde Road in 1920 when my grandad went, they lived in Ardwick at the time.
My father went to his first game in the forties, after the war. I went to my first game in 64, my daughter’s first in Dec 1990 and now my grandson’s first game was May 2018. That’s five generations of our family coming up to nearly 100 years of support.

Pah, the Supporters Club are JCLs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.