Your ten "must see" places in England..

Lots of beautiful places in England but you can't beat the Pennines for me. Stunning 360 views all round and the constant smell of cowshit.

"Another place".. Anthony Gormleys statues on Crosby Beach
Corfe castle, Dorset
Woolacombe beach , Devon
Tintagel castle , Cornwall
Durham cathedral
Wells cathedral , Somerset
Flamborough head , Yorkshire
Conwy Castle , North Wales
Whitby , Yorkshire
St Ives , Cornwall

I've been to both, and they are very similar, but St Michael's Mount is smaller. Very Impressive though. Check the tide times.

A few more to add to my original ten,

Dover Castle

Whitby

Broadway (Cotswolds)

Cambridge

Lynton/Lynmouth

Corfe Castle

Lindisfarne, Holy Island.

Took a photo from the top of Broadway the other year. You can see up to 16 counties on a good day apparently. Amazing views. Also good for the nuclear bunker.

Too bad -- you should have (done). The thing I love most about Brits is their pedantry. :)
The Newcastle ground is indeed St.James' Park but there has been constant debate whether the spelling should have an extra 's' after the apostrophe and therefore whether the pronunciation should be with a single 's' or double 's.' Older Newcastle folk tend to use the double s. There is also argument over whether there should be a full stop ("period" for Americans) after the St. You can find a detailed account of all this on wikipedia. You might also discuss whether to say NEWcastle or NewCASTLE as most locals do.
Oh, and by the pedantic way, we are Britons, not that dreadful "Brits.' Best to you anyway.

The Newcastle ground is indeed St.James' Park but there has been constant debate whether the spelling should have an extra 's' after the apostrophe and therefore whether the pronunciation should be with a single 's' or double 's.' Older Newcastle folk tend to use the double s. There is also argument over whether there should be a full stop ("period" for Americans) after the St. You can find a detailed account of all this on wikipedia. You might also discuss whether to say NEWcastle or NewCASTLE as most locals do.
Oh, and by the pedantic way, we are Britons, not that dreadful "Brits.' Best to you anyway.

I say Barcodes, and Fat Limey Twats usually :)

blackburn
oldham
castleford
bethnell green
rotherham
hull
doncaster
rochedale
birmingham
peterborough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.