Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
those that can't wait two years.
Well they're waiting at least one year, and absolutely no one thinks we're going to let him walk for free. So really we're looking at how much a player with one year left on his deal would go for, plus some sort of premium for locking him up now while there are no other suitors. I think we're back to the £80-90m range.

Didn't Pep fall out with Bayern's choice of surgeons because their work wasn't up to the standard he was used to in Catalunya? I'm sure your longstanding club doctor 'resigned' as a result.

#JustSayinLike
He did but I’m sure I read somewhere that he’s back

Would you, being for ex. City director of football, pay 120m for him in these current circumstances? I definitely wouldn't as a risk is huge. Specially combined with wages Bayern promised him. It's giant money.

We'll never ever get 120m for him. That ship sailed with the injury. I was all for letting him go free in 2 years as his service with relatively low wages, could easily justify that. But right now, I'd sell him for 100m eur in a second. Chances for him to extend are pretty minimal, imo and keeping him until his contract expires is not worthy anymore as half of that period he'll sit injured and there is always a risk what kind of player will he be after, if the injuries will repeat etc..
Make that 100m pounds maybe but that is a huge discount from the 135m we have stated so that won't happen,he has not had a leg amputated,modern sports science,world class treatment and he'll recover ok

Would you, being for ex. City director of football, pay 120m for him in these current circumstances? I definitely wouldn't as a risk is huge. Specially combined with wages Bayern promised him. It's giant money.

We'll never ever get 120m for him. That ship sailed with the injury. I was all for letting him go free in 2 years as his service with relatively low wages, could easily justify that. But right now, I'd sell him for 100m eur in a second. Chances for him to extend are pretty minimal, imo and keeping him until his contract expires is not worthy anymore as half of that period he'll sit injured and there is always a risk what kind of player will he be after, if the injuries will repeat etc..

it is pointless saying what I would or wouldn't do, but i get your point entirely.
in my opinion though, 120m is still fair given the circumstances, his age, his quality and potential, and the image he brings to bayern in germany. What is 6 months out, if they secure the player for the future, 2 years ahead of when they'd otherwise sign him, when they might have to compete for his signature. if there were other players of his ability available for less, they'd have been signed by bayern by now. that's the market.

city can hold out, bayern can't. if we'd bought him for over 100m, then yes, the pressure would be on us to recoup as much. but even if he leaves for free on 2 years, or double what city paid for him next year, it is still a bargain. for bayern, it is not, because time and having him signed is more important. imho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.