I'm not paranoid but, how smart are smartphones?

They are not particularly technical articles, but they do show what is possible.

I would suggest that if someone was surreptitiously listening to your phone or watching your camera you won't know about it, and you will have been specifically targeted.

However, anything that you search for, photograph, upload/download using your phone is likely to be captured somewhere, even if it's just the metadata, and it will be searchable.

That’s true. Maybe I’m just jealous. I never seem to have any adverts that are useful for me.

Like I’ve been listening to and watching cricket ALL year and I’ve had no adverts for going to the cricket, cricket equipment, general cricket websites etc.

Maybe with the amount of times I’ve said Cricket now it’ll finally show me cricket adverts!

If you own a smartphone then various private companies and Governments have recorded your voice, face, photos and locations. Alexa and toys like it are literally an always on microphone you put in your house that is connected to a database entry all about you that is owned by a billion dollar corporation.

Watch The Great Hack (Netflix) and prepare for your head to fall off.
Wasn't surprised by anything in that film, anyone using social media, face book etc that doesn't think their data isn't at some point being used in nefarious ways and that you aren't being targeted with ads etc, please watch out for the wallet inspector, Nigerian prince's giving away millions and people selling magic beans

You lot moan if the cops want to tap phones/facial recognition etc even though they only do it for drug dealers and other serious crimes and therefore they don't monitor you and yet you don't seem to be arsed when private companies listen to everything you do, monitor where you are, what you are doing etc. You happily Instagram everything without thinking where it is being used, adverts are nothing compared to what they do use it for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.