Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

So they do! And to think I used to work in Bury and drive through Radcliffe. Curse my own ignorance. South Lancashire FC it is, then!

Edit: Bloody Jon Macken is Radcliffe's manager as well!
Lots of City links. Used to be owned by Bernard Manning Jr, Ronnie Evans was physio there for a while etc.

The ground is a bit hidden away so easy to miss but is being run well as far as I can tell. Pitch slopes a bit to me, although at £2.60 a pint at the bar it might be something else.

The problems facing lower league clubs are the result of the formation of the Greed is Good League in 1991....look at how the numbers have escalated.....players on 200000 a week plus ..... small clubs survived by selling on their best players up the leagues.....the influx of foreign big money players has all but removed that income.
Would not be a shock to see more old clubs go the same way...Oldham could be going that route too with the idiot they have in charge.

At the end of all this the Premier League edifice WILL implode and tears will follow for some BIG clubs.....its not sustainable.

Clubs wont vote in the rules that would sort them out though. They could subject themselves to minimum capital requirement like Banks, you'd get thrown out the conference room window for suggesting that. Bottom line, the owners all play fast and lose and take massive risks that you wouldn't do in any other type of business. Blame the higher leagues and the bigger clubs all you like, nothing stops the smaller clubs living within their means but their own approach to risk and reward.

I haven’t read all the post but didn’t city give them our old carrington training to use free of charge on the condition they maintained the pitches?

They didn’t and city kicked them out around June time.

Lots of City links. Used to be owned by Bernard Manning Jr, Ronnie Evans was physio there for a while etc.

The ground is a bit hidden away so easy to miss but is being run well as far as I can tell. Pitch slopes a bit to me, although at £2.60 a pint at the bar it might be something else.
Yep quite a few ex City have turned out for Radcliffe, Peter Barnes, Gary Buckley, Steve Kinsey, Ged Brannan, and Ian Bishop have all played there mainly due the contacts of Kevin Glendon (also ex City) and Bernard Jr who is still an owner to this day.
Good club on the up !

One really large link...one Colin Bell was signed from Bury.

I haven’t read all the post but didn’t city give them our old carrington training to use free of charge on the condition they maintained the pitches?

They didn’t and city kicked them out around June time.
Yeah we did, we already tried to help. Tough break.

Must listen: Bury owner Steve Dale and player Stephen Dawson in furious bust-up LIVE ON AIR over unpaid wages https://talksport.com/football/efl/588249/listen-bury-owner-steve-dale-stephen-dawson-bust-up/

This shows what a mess Bury FC are in. Hope the club is saved before Dale takes it to the wire and
Gigg Lane is flattened for housing.
Dale didn't sound like he's a man with the intelligence to turn this around,he was also the polar opposite of inspirational.

It is mate yeh, but is that our fault? we hit the jackpot with our owner, before that we were the fuckin experts of bad ownership, we so nearly went under remember? don’t recall people/clubs lining up to help to save us?

Thaksin Shinawatra’s intentions towards City were arguably questionable but he didn’t sell us to toilets like Bury, Chester or Hereford.

I don’t want any club to go under. Not United nor Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.