Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola on Spurs: “They are the second best team in Europe. Since I came to England, every season they were a real contender. In my first season, they finished second. In the last two seasons, they didn’t win it, but always they were tough, tough games.”

“I said from the first day, when we played at White Hart Lane and lost 2-0, about the capacity, quality and possibilities of this team, the manager and the club. They are a strong team, a good team.”

Over kill now

Pep Guardiola on Spurs: “They are the second best team in Europe. Since I came to England, every season they were a real contender. In my first season, they finished second. In the last two seasons, they didn’t win it, but always they were tough, tough games.”

“I said from the first day, when we played at White Hart Lane and lost 2-0, about the capacity, quality and possibilities of this team, the manager and the club. They are a strong team, a good team.”

Over kill now
It’s a dig at the media logic. Liverpool win the CL so the media says they are the best in Europe. So Pep says Spurs are the 2nd best in Europe. It’s his way of telling them they chat shit, but they probably don’t even realise he’s mocking them.

I would go with same team.

Give the 11 who started another go, to leave out Mahrez would be wrong & that goes for Jesus too.

Both put a good shift in..

We can change it up after 50-60 mins.

This is a big big 3 points, win this then we are set for the next 6-7 games.

Makes no sense though. The new law says that, if the ball hits the referee, he has to stop the game. If he’d wanted to ‘get in the way’ surely he just would as it’s the easiest way to stop us attacking?
In the past our players didn't even attempt the pass, and you could see the frustration on their faces as another potential attack was thwarted by the deliberate positioning of the ref getting in the way.

In the W.Ham game I think they just thought f*ck it, and made the pass anyway.

Thank you for a sensible post . Most don't think we stand a chance , are probably the same ones who reckon you’d beat Palace and Newcastle last year ,and then got a shock.
We are a far better team than those teams mentioned .
Most of the games we played last year were close, and the only game I missed was the league game at yours.
I don’t expect us to win , but I’m sure Pep won’t underestimate us the way some of you fans are .
Last week v Villa ,Harry was annnoymous for about 80minutes and then scored two .
We have the highest record of being down at HT and winning at FT in the prem ,37 games . so we know how to come back , we did ok in the CL as well ,conceding a goal then coming back ,esp against Ajax.
Let’s hope for a good attacking game with no controversial decisions and a fair result

Unlike the Champions league game then?

Have KDB and Bernardo really never played as the 2 8s together??

Surely its not out of the question that Kev could play at as the left sided attacking midfielder with Bernardo on the right.

For what its worth I'd play David vs Spurs anyway, I'm just not convinced of the narrative that its impossible for Bernardo and Kev do play together.

Actually I (day)dreamed this week that it will be 7-0, inc. a goal in the first minute and a stunner by Jesus after Eddie's long kick straight to him.

You sure you didn’t just watch the 13/14 DVDs season review where we smashed them 6-0 and there was a stunner from Jesus in the first minute?

Last edited:
Have KDB and Bernardo really never played as the 2 8s together??

Surely its not out of the question that Kev could play at as the left sided attacking midfielder with Bernardo on the right.

For what its worth I'd play David vs Spurs anyway, I'm just not convinced of the narrative that its impossible for Bernardo and Kev do play together.

I think they have on a few occasions but it’s clearly not favoured by Pep.

Pep has just said that good players will have to sit on the bench, so I wouldn’t rule out Gab and Mahrez being “dropped” for this one.

I’m also interested to see if Fernandinho comes in....or could we even see him alongside Laporte with Rodri keeping his place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.