#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love fodens movements. Can’t describe it. It’s like when he has 3 people on him I expect him to just glide through them all. So unique the way he does it.

Even more clinical and goal hungry I would say which is scary.

He's got more of a burst of pace than Lampard to get in to the box. I'd take him being half as clinical! His finishing and goals record from midfield was ridiculous.

When are we going to start putting trust in him? No doubt we will get the "He's only 19 he's being managed perfectly" brigade out in force again but this is ridiculous. No fucking way is Gundogan a better option than Foden. Foden has energy, pace, skill, an eye for goal but most importantly he has no fear and tries to make things happen. I would rather watch Foden make inexperienced mistakes but still trying to win us the game over Gundogan plodding around on the pitch letting players run past him.

Its weird ,but it is what it is. Pep has hard on for Gundogan, as evidenced by the new juicy deal he got. All managers have their favourites and Gundogan is certainly Pep's

Should have come on instead of David Silva. If we weren’t creating anything then yeah bring Silva on, but as we were creating chances then I’d fancy Foden to get a goal far more than I would Silva.

When are we going to start putting trust in him? No doubt we will get the "He's only 19 he's being managed perfectly" brigade out in force again but this is ridiculous. No fucking way is Gundogan a better option than Foden. Foden has energy, pace, skill, an eye for goal but most importantly he has no fear and tries to make things happen. I would rather watch Foden make inexperienced mistakes but still trying to win us the game over Gundogan plodding around on the pitch letting players run past him.

What's odd is that this game suited him perfectly to start.

If we played a Sterling-Jesus-Bernardo front 3 with Rodri-Foden-KDB midfield our pressing would be completely unplayable. Spurs couldn't cope with Aguero and Gundogan in, if it had been Jesus and Foden I don't think would have lasted 15 minutes without gifting us a goal through pressure.

I guess he's just not quite played enough games to get the nod, but that's obviously a catch 22.

Pep seems to be waiting for the squad to deplete before using him vs top teams.
As we have a run if games against the lesser lights I suspect we'll see him soon in one of those games.

Pep Guardiola on @PhilFoden: "Phil is a talent. His skills - wow, so good. But he's young. His skills have to produce with his team mates and the ideas that we have. We have a special affection, sweet things about him, because he's from here [Manchester]..."

"He loves the club. The way he trains, the way he loves the game is incredible. At his age, it is difficult to find a player with the same qualities." [via @SkyFootball]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.