Fantastic interview with Pep on CanoFootball

What a guy. So open and honest, a cut above the spiteful bile filled rubbish we got for 20 yrs from the GPC, Wenger and Jose. The press called it mind games, but compared to pep they just look like bitter, mean spirited old ****s.
Who do we think this is about then (not just one player, but I wonder if this applies to Sane at all)?

I think they understood that it worked and why I asked them to do what I did, but they just didn’t want to do it. They wanted to be a bigger part of the game, involved in every moment, expressing their 1v1 skills and individual talents. They just didn’t want to be stopped. With the big players I’ll insist, insist and insist on the style, but there comes a time where you realise, “This guy ain’t gonna do it. I’ll play a different player.”
I think Ibrahimovic

Reading that gives great hope he is here for the long term and is building a great dynasty.

Who could not learn from this guy, he leaves nothing to chance. The winning mentality he instills into his staff and players must be a joy to be a part of, we are so lucky to have him as our manager ,long may he continue.

I like the quote of "I need enemies. I love when people hate me and hope I fail. It gives me fire and makes me think “OK, watch this.”

And you can see why he has so much time for Sterling, a player who starts wide and then comes central

Then there's the dig at Ibrahimovic. The superstar who wouldn't conform to Pep's style of play

But we haven’t have we? They’re very good, clearly, and players that any team could have bought with some thought. None are the most expensive for their positions and other teams have equally good players who would thrive under this manager. We have the best team, not necessarily the best players.
We have yes. We have the best players for the team which is what matters. Cost means absolutely nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.